HubSpot Ideas

elizabeth2

Section Headings for Dashboards

Add text boxes to dashboards to create separate sections within the dashboard

14 Replies
Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Be great if we could add a free text break in a dashboard with a title header.

BPham

this would be very helpful and enhance readability! 

LeeBright

Agreed, simple but effective way to help people navigate dashboards! 

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hey folks!

You can now add text, images, and videos to your reporting dashboards. Use this feature to arm your team with the context and instructions they need to access and understand data by adding text, images, and videos to dashboards.

To do so, navigate to the Actions button on the dashboard and select Insert images, text, or video.

Best!

Joe

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Hi @JoeMayall it is great them implemented this but it's so not functional in some cases. 

I just want to add a thin break with a label not an entire block? 

Msyvrais_0-1674827636997.png

DRadcliff

@JoeMayall I totally agree with @Msyvrais;  I'm just looking for a way to add a small thin line to section things off and make it easier to read.  One of our dashboards has a lot of information that looks overwhelming.  I don't want to make separate dashboards because the reports play off each other, so if I could separate sections, it would be visually easier to digest.  Is there anything to help with this in the works? 

CHumphries7

@JoeMayall I'm with these two too. Having a massive block just to have a few words of text as a title is excessive. If the secions were halved again so they took up less space this may do this job. 

QXiong

Hi @JoeMayall Agree with all above, if we can adjust the size of the text block so make it a thin line to break up each section of the dashboard that would be very good!

CBowden

100% Agree with all of the above - the LARGE box with one line of text is more distracting than helpful as a section divider / header

phst

Another upvote. A small feature with great impact! A tiny linebreak/section with a heading would be great.

We have quite a few large Dashboards - sales activity for example. I want all of this data in the same dashboard. Having sections based on activity type would be ideal for readability. However, adding the large box for a heading looks off and takes up way more space than necessary. 

LPrunier

100% agree - would love just a thin banner otherwise it makes the team scroll which does not help visibility

EBrown4
Contributor

Another upvote for a small banner/heading text box that doesn't take up so much room on the dashboard!  Would be a HUGE help for complicated dashboards.

AliMcQueen27

Yes a thin line and header please! Would alsi be great if there was more flexibility in display size of each report. Half the height of the current blocks would be good.

BradHadfield75

Came here to post the same suggestion. I agree with all the posters above. Need to be able to break section with a thin banner image or text that is responsive, not a huge block.