HubSpot Ideas

reeseh

Searching customer notes

Hubspot is a great CRM, but the biggest problem I've faces is not being able to do a mass search of customer notes. If I have a customer I need to contact, I may not remember their name, but I do remember that I noted that they raise golden retrievers. It would be nice to be able to do a keyword search for all the notes on customers assigned to me.

44 Replies
sachinr
Contributor

@gelflex-cc sorry, fixed!

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@sachinr thank you.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@sachinr I have downloaded Notejoy and that is where it ended.  I need  more information 

sachinr
Contributor

@gelflex-cc happy to provide a demo of Notejoy's integration with HubSpot. You can schedule one here.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@sachinr Thank you. I will send you a PM. 

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@MPeach it is not working for me. I go to contacts then search and the keyword -  no results

JudahOME
Participant

Ridiculous that this doesn't yet exist. 

Even Pipedrive has searchable noes, for god's sake. 

KateH
Contributor

I'd like to be able to do this too.

The search option suggested in a previous post say that 'notes' also come up for the search but they don't.

Is it just me of is this still not possible?

gdevore
Participant

Please add this. We take extensive notes on contacts and not being able to search those notes makes them much less useful.

Corypanther

I can't agree more. Moreover, I might be talking to a customer and learn that their inventory is missing some of the products we offer, but I don't want to turn and send them information right away. I think you should be able to # or tag words that then when searched all the records that had the word or phase you wanted would pull, but only if you hashtagged them. For instance, #beverages could be pulled when we wanted to do the beverage campaign. Plus as a manager, I could train my team. We are constantly looking for MSRP regionally and this would be excellent. #nitrogencan #lowmsrp. 

AbrilRP

OMG how is this even possible. On HubSpot for almost a year, was using SugarCRM prior to this. Had no problem searching or reporting from Notes. 

KShears
Participant

This appeared to work when I was evaluating the CRM, but now we are starting to use it in the office we have discovered it works sometimes, but not all of the time. 

We are using the global search bar to locate serial numbers which are in notes. The notes are associated to both companies AND contacts in every instance. 

PLEASE FIX! I've spent too long setting the system up, to have to change to a different platform. 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi, 

Commenting for a customer here

Would be really helpful if we can make this happen. It would be useful if we can find notes from within accounts/ companies/ contacts so that we can detect any missing information

MdeWit9
Member | Diamond Partner

Please include a 'type' property on the note itself. Currently this is available on Calls made and meetings held in CRM however the same functionality is essential for notes. This way we can report on note types.

Thanks

futurecorinne

How is this still not enabled? Desperatly need this feature. 

OleMartinExilva
Contributor

This is still an urgent matter and a major fail of a CRM system. It significantly reduced the value of the system and opportunity to gain insight in ongoing business. Shame!

MPeach
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hey all.

I already posted about this 2 years ago but thought I would repost.

Although there is no specific search notes functionality, the functionality is supported via the Global search available in your HubSpot account. Below are two examples of this.

Added note with the text "Search a note function" on the contacts record. I then exited to my dashboard and clicked the global search bar in the top nav and typed note function and used the filter drop down to filter results to 'Activity'. This restricts results just to activities on the contacts record (which includes Notes).

MPeach_0-1643977616627.png

Second example. Added a long form note regarding Matt's love of dogs and referenced his specific love of Golden Retrievers. I then used the global search in the same way and searched just for 'Golden Retriever'. The number 1 result was the note I left on his record.

MPeach_0-1643978126093.png

This should achieve the goals of most of the users commenting on this feature request. However I will note (hehe) that I still believe a standalone notes/activity search with additional functionality and filtering options (eg. restricting to just owned contacts) would be valuable.

KShears
Participant

Unless I'm missing something, the global search only works if the search term is in the first couple of lines of the note. If the note is 20 lines long and the search term is near the end, then it isn't picked up by the serach. The search only sees the text which would normally display in the preview. 

JeffSavlov
Participant

So frustrated that this is till missing! Basic functionality. 

Afugle

This feature would be VERY useful!