HubSpot Ideas

reeseh

Searching customer notes

Hubspot is a great CRM, but the biggest problem I've faces is not being able to do a mass search of customer notes. If I have a customer I need to contact, I may not remember their name, but I do remember that I noted that they raise golden retrievers. It would be nice to be able to do a keyword search for all the notes on customers assigned to me.

44 Replies
Tnichs
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi, yes, that is a bit of a problem, but one option you could do is to have a general note about info such as what dog they have, kids names etc, then pin that note to the top of the timeline

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 21.24.12.png

reeseh

Are pinned notes searchable?

Tnichs
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

They're not, but they're at the top of the timeline.  Sorry, I just re-read your original post, so what you're looking for is to search the whole of the database for set keywords.

So what you could do is create a custom property called 'Keywords', then populate that with things that you'd remember.  Then you could filter your contact list based on that property.  

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 21.24.12.png

michaeljay201
Contributor

Yes, this would be a useful feature. It's great to be able search properties, but I find similar situations where I remember a note that was made with a particular word or phrase, and I want to go back and look at that contact record, but I cannot remember the name of the contact. It seems much more intuitive to search timeline notes than to make updates to a separate notes property for future search. You would have to do that for nearly every contact, which would be timeconsuming (we have nearly 10,000 contacts already, and gaining more every day). Plus, with a team of 30 sales reps making notes, they aren't going to remember to update the notes property. I would love to be able to "search timeline notes" for a particular phrase or word and find all the contacts with matching results.  

michaeljay201
Contributor

Okay, nevermind to my most recent comment here. I just found from a different thread that the "Search" bar at the top of the dashboard returns results "found in a note" on Contacts that match a phrase. Thanks!

ccuhsnick
Participant

This frustrates me as well. I leave note for sendng things to clients/prospects and I want to be able to track them. 

Has anyone found a work around?

OleMartinExilva
Contributor

Hi, 

Searching through deal notes and contact properties are great, and listing them together with a label pointing out where the result is found is even greater. Thanks for that! But would it be possible to execute an exact search phrase by adding quotation marks ( " " ) to the phrase? Searching multiple words (or a phrase) now, i.e. 'happy helpfull dog' results in hits for both the tash happy ending, the deal helpfull teacher and the contact Snoop Dog. neither of these would be correct in this case 😉 

Thanks! 

PeterC
Top Contributor

Sorry for dragging up an old post, but this is frustrating me too.

You can create a "List" that can search for a word in a "Task Note" or a "Call Note" - but not in a "Note".  

Is there really no way of searching a genuine "Activity" property like "Note"?

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

This is a great idea.  Has it been moved to ideas?

@reeseh @PeterC @OleMartinExilva @ccuhsnick @michaeljay201 

@jennysowyrda 

reeseh

Not that I'm aware of.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@jennysowyrda How do we move this to ideas or is it create a new one?

RLane

I am having this current issue too. I recently reached out to hubspot for this very problem. I need to be able to search my notes for customer details  and specifics that I have not other place for. I am sure I am loosing business opportunies for the lact of search features. 

LeeGaul

Not sure why this idea is marked as "solved". I just contacted support and they told me there is currently no way to search Notes. I know it has been said over and over but here I go, THIS IS BASIC CRM FUNCTIONALITY. The idea that this hasn't already been implemented blows my mind. We're pretty deeply entrenched in the HubSpot ecosystem at this point but this feature really makes me think we need to move away from HubSpot. 

RLane

Is Hubspot even working on this?? Clearly users would like to see this get done! Its a continued frustration for many users. 

lorrinda

What does solved mean?

What was the solution?

I don't want to read through everything to find the resolution.

Thanks!

ppco

Any progress on this question/the ability to searh for keywords throughout the hubspot database.   Results should be sorted by client.

MPeach
Contributor | Elite Partner

This has been implemented already in a way:
You can go to the search bar in the top of your Hubspot portal and enter a keyword or phrase you are looking for within a note and click search. This will then bring up results of this keyword or phrase within a number of CRM tools including:

• Notes
  • Knowledge base
  • Contacts
  • Tickets
  • Deals
  • Site Pages
  • etc etc
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@MPeach THANK YOU FOR SHARING.  This is wonderful news.

sachinr
Contributor

I wanted to mention that Notejoy, a collaboratives notes app, integrates deeply with HubSpot. Our integration allows you to easily create, view, and collaboratively edit notes directly from the HubSpot interface.

But we also offer a robust Notejoy search interface allowing you to quickly and easily search across all your notes in one place.

You'll also enjoy the ability to add rich formatting to your notes as well as attach rich media like images, documents, etc. into your notes.

You can learn more about the Notejoy integration into HubSpot here.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@sachinr Please modify your link so we can all check out your options. The link says I am not authorized to sign in.