HubSpot Ideas

Roelof

Search values for mobile phone number property

When I get at call and I don't recognize the number I quickly want to check who is calling me in hubspot.

Hubspot today only allows search for "Phone number" and does not support search on "Mobile phone number".

Please make it possible to search for a mobile phone number in the contacts view but also in the main search bar.

22 Commentaires
davisdt
Membre

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved, other than by using filters?

Otavio
Membre

I would also like to have that funcionallity. Some of our leads have mobile numbers only, so it would be great to be able to search for any number and make it show up on the search bar.

whoseyourdaddy
Participant

This is a very good point actually. In today's time and age, mobile phone is used a tons more than phone. Not saying you should change it, but you should also search against mobile phone field.

Also, HubSpot concept of searching 'contains' doesnt work very well if the field value is only one string. e.g. if searching field contains 1234, it wont work if the field value is 12345678. but if the field value is 1234 5678, then it work. 

davidj
Participant

I definitely vote for this feature.  Most people only have a mobile phone now and really does not have a home or office number.

domcat
Participant

Yes, please impliment this - it is so handy to seach by numbers and mobile is the most used. I am having to input the mobile number into the phone box to get around this, please implement!

framd
Participant

PLease implement this feauture, it's vital! 

OliverOlive
Membre

please implement!

AlbertoNogales
Membre

Me parece increible que una funcionalidad tan básica que tiene cualquier app, no esté disponible en una herramienta que pretende ser tan potente como Hubspot. ¿Hay alguna estimación? ¿Fecha? ¿Está planificado solucionar este tema? Veo que la petición es de mediados de 2017, y estamos a punto de entrar en 2019.

Artelogic
Membre

Hi,

Hubspot provides 2 fields for phone numbers: (1) Phone number and (2) Mobile phone number. Obviously, we enter direct mobile phone numbers into the field - Mobile phone number, which occurs to be not considered when trying to search contact in the searching bar.

That complicates things in the following scenario:

1. We do cold calls every day.
  2. Often, clients call us back.
  3. And before answering we need quickly to check who is calling. We can't do it no with the searching bar.

The workaround is entering mobile phone numbers into a Phone number field, but isn't that ridiculous?! Why we need Mobile phone number field (provided by Hubspot) then if we can't use it in a full?

Please allow searching bar consider Mobile phone number value too when searching for the contacts.

AlbertoNogales
Membre

Please. Solve this problem already. It is maddening to have a CRM and not be able to do a simple search in an easy and effective way!

yidel26
Membre

You can enter 2 values for Phone Number field with a space separating them so you can at least enter the mobile number also there, and both numbers are appearing when you search any of them

Example: 212-444-1234 908-555-6868

PhilipKunze
Membre

Unfortunately, numbers are always entered differently in Hubspot. Often they are copied from a homepage, or just typed in by different people. This results in different formats such as +49123456, 0049123456, 0049 123 456, only 123 456 and so on. Unfortunately, it is not possible to find a number (for example, a missed call) in Hubspot. And generally in sales, but especially in cold calling this leads to unsightly situations on the phone. It would be great, for example, to have a search field especially for telephone numbers that somewhat is more flexible / far-sighted with the requests

dominik
Participant

Please fix that!

Its also needed by the 3CX Hubspot Integration!

Luckpf
Membre

in the "global search" you can find the contact but you have to type exactly the number you stored in your contact: so 0176 or +49176 doesn't work. But I wanted to add my phone system via zapier and there i can not search in the global search only in contacts... so i also hope that this will be fixed soon.

Greetings Luckpf

imageurs_am
Membre | Partenaire solutions

Just as @dominik , i'm trying to get my 3CX / Hubspot Integration working !

Seems a bit weird that a CRM with many years of developpement doesn't have this feature already, please fix that.

JPhil
Membre

Please implement this, or something like it. It would be tremendously helpful.

It'd be especially great if the Phone Number field worked just like the Email field, how you can put in multiple addresses, and even label one as primary.

JenNS1
Contributeur

This request has been floating around for a long time. 

Very basic in todays world - people have more than one phone number and we MUST be able to search for any/all of them. 

Please update ASAP HubSpot!!

JenNS1
Contributeur

Dear HubSpot,

Thank you to Natsumi who hopefully will be highlighting this thead with your development team soon. 

I hope this can be scheduled to be added soon to your updates.

PLEASE ADD MOBILE field to the SEARCH function in CONTACTS AND COMPANIES

We are double entering a lot of our records currently, and generally not knowing who we are talking to as they have both mobile and a local phone number but the mobile number is not returning any contacts (as this field is not part of the search function). 

14/12/2020  12:34 PM

Hi JenNS1

I hope you had a good weekend.

I have notified the Ideas Forum manager about this idea post and the product team will update the status as soon as they can on their end. Although I did share your feedback to the Ideas Forum manager, I highly recommend you to leave your comment directly in the post so that the product team can review and keep all of the feedback in one place.

Please don't hesitate to share any future feedback in the Ideas Forum too!

All the best,

Natsumi
HubSpot Community Team

JenNS1
Contributeur

Summary of other Community Threads on this idea - dating back to 2017

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Phone-Number-Search/td-p/20840

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Search-a-contact-by-Mobile-Phone-Number/m-p/27616... 

This is the post that specifically states the search is only searching "phone number" field 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/search-within-your-hubspot-account

Hope this can help your team.

JenNS1
Contributeur

This may now be happening! Fingers crossed it is platform wide roll out.. I'm having luck searching for mobiles that we haven't moved to the "phone number" field 🙂 

Thank you HubSpot!