HubSpot Ideas

ECMAdvisor

Search the MERGED Ticket Data

BEHAVIOR:

The expected behavior for merging tickets creates a brand new ticket and all the data from two tickets are merged into the new ticket.  Old ticket information is removed.

PROBLEM:

After the merge, users are no longer able to search for the original ticket data.  Searching for the original ticket number or even the ticket name will not return any results.

REMOMMENDATION/FIX:

For users to be able to find the original ticket information when they search, HubSpot should keep this information/data in the search index.

Example:

Tickets 99264476 was merged with 99095483 into new ticket 100303830

After the merge we are no longer able to find the ticket using the old ticket numbers.  The values of "99264476" & "99095483" return zero results.

With the recommended FIX, users will be able to search by any of the original "Ticket Number" or original "Ticket Name" values to find the new ticket.

17 Kommentare
ahmedhassan
Teilnehmer/-in

Can we please have this implemented soon? It really has an impact on the support agent's productivity specially when it comes to finding tickets with the old ticket numbers. 

Thanks in advance!  

CPSCB
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This creates problems for us internally and externally. We send confirmation emails to our customers that include their ticket number for reference. If they happened to submit in multiple channels, they have no way of knowing then which ticket number is still active and relevant. 

CGoodwinOlsen
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This is a big issue for us - as someone else has written, we send confirmation emails to customers with the ticket number.  If we later merge that original ticket with a new one (which very often happens), we can't search up the old ticket ID to at least be able to provide the customer with a new reference number.  We have not yet identified a good workaround.

vbrech
HubSpot Employee

@CGoodwinOlsen one workaround is to set up a Chrome custom search tailored to tickets in your portal, so typing in [keyword] and 123 will yield the URL https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/111/ticket/123/ (where 111 is your HubSpot portal ID and 123 is the ticket ID).

This will allow for a lookup of merged ticket IDs because merged IDs will automatically redirect. So if you merge ticket 123 into ticket 456, its new ID is 456, but https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/111/ticket/123/ will auto-redirect to https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/111/ticket/456/ .

A fancier solution would involve Ops Hub Pro and a coded workflow action on a daily schedule that reads out merged ticket IDs and writes them into a custom ticket property.

JLuberger
Mitglied

Another suggestion would be to retain the original ticket number and simply merge the new tickets 'into' the original ticket...

KWohlgemuth
Teilnehmer/-in

This would be incredibly beneficial and save a lot of time and hassle searching for merged tickets.  This isn't a hard fix.  Please implement!

SMCNULTY
Teilnehmer/-in

This is exactly what I want.   This is another example of a complete FAIL by hubspot programmers.  It's absolutely basic common sense that if you merge two ticket numbers into one, entering either of the original two ticket numbers should lead directly to the new ticket.   

I wish I knew in what dark alley this platform is being developed because whoever's writing this code has ZERO COMMON SENSE.

jburns2
Mitglied

this impacts our entire team please implement😣

DStupienski
Mitglied

If I was younger, I might write something similar to SMCNULTY above.....but, to be neutral......we need this pretty basic functionality.

Being an Engineer, basic configuration control practices demand backwards trace-ability.  So please do retain the old number in order to search by it.

AValentin
Mitglied

I also agree with SMCNULTY, please impletent ASAP! 😁

LSwazey
Mitglied

I also agree with SMCNULTY, please implement this. Thanks!

WBARBOSA
Mitglied

Please implement, makes our team work more efficiently

RosaDM
Mitglied

Please implement

OBulava
Mitglied

This feature is very important for our Support team, we need to be able to track the original (old) ticket number at least through search or activity / notes / additional field. Any of these options. Please implement it.

Right now, both Record ID and Ticket ID are identical and cotain the new ticket number, not the oiginal one. The activity feed shows the subjects of the merged tickets, but subjects can be similar, while ID is unique, why do not you show it instead?

IAndryushin
Mitglied

This feature would be very useful for Support teams, especially when using hubspot for several years: sometimes there are references to Ticket IDs in external systems and it would be impossible to get relevant data through search if/when external system was not updated after ticket merge in Hubspot.

Please implement.

TJongov
Mitglied

Searching into the merged ticket data and accessing the old ticket informaiton, including the old ticket ID, would help a lot in tracking the ticket history through the ticket life.

Mitglied

This feature would be for us a game changer... can´t believe that this feature is still not available