HubSpot Ideas

CF

Search on CRM to include address not just name

It would be great if when you search contacts you can also search addresses and email addresses. especially if you dont get a contacts name.

4 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @CF it is already possible to search for Contacts by their address and/or email. If you are not able to see this functionality on your end please send me a private message and I'd be happy to help - thank you!

TrucksByGlen
Contributor

I would love to see this in companies, too. Especially since I imported all my info from Zoho and still MANUALLY pairing the companies and the contacts (a dreaded task but better in the long run to switch to Hubspot). All the address info for the contacts didn't come over. But I just tested it in my contacts to a contact I added and it didn't work.

agambina
Contributor

Some customers who are related to the construction industry don't always have a name at the start; just an address. It's not possible to search on Address?

TrucksByGlen
Contributor

@agambina

Well, yes and no. If I couldn't remember the client's name but knew they were on -- let's say -- Somewhere Rd, if I type "Somewhere" in the magnifying glass search area it will not find them. If I go into Companies and add a filter then I can find it. Clunky when compared to the way some competitors search every field. 

In the construction industry wouldn't many still have a pseudonym company name (such as Smith Contracting)? You could always make their name as a company as well as a contact, too. Don't know if that helps but thought I'd share.