Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Search contacts, companies and deals by custom properties

We need the ability to search (not filter) based on custom properties.

Use case: I am speaking with someone on LinkedIn and need to find them within the CRM. Her name and email do not give the correct results.

If I could search her by LinkedIn URL (custom property) I would always get the correct results because people have many email addresses but only one LinkedIn URL.

33 Replies
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Planning

We think this is a great idea. We've discussed ways of allowing users to search for custom properties instead of having to filter for them.

orion007
New Contributor

This is a major issue we are facing as well, we NEED to be able to search for custom properties and not just filter for them. Does anyone know of a fix, workaround or even a 3rd party extension that can do this? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

RDI1281
Regular Contributor

Will this update also extend to the iOS app and having the ability to search for custom and other properties within the Contacts view? We specifically need to be able to search by company name when in the Contacts view within the app. Right now you can only searcth by contact first and last name and email. This functionality exists in the desktop version, but not the app.

matthew_klood
New Contributor

Hi @AndyPitre,

Is there a way this could also include regular properties, like notes, emails, tasks, etc. Like a keyword search essentially? It's been requested below:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Be-able-to-search-notes-in-CRM-within-or-across-conta...

I thought I'd bump this as it's already in planning?

Cheers,

Matthew

Invorio
Regular Contributor

I fully support this custom property (and even notes) search function, specifically for Contacts.

For me, this is part of a more generic but high priority request to make the CRM a more comprehensive general CRM as opposed to being and adjunct to the Hubspot marketing platform. To be a great general CRM, customised properties, displays and reports are essential, as are groups. Users will use options each in their own way for use-cases that the developers can't imagine. That's the point; stop responding to how you think users are using or will use the CRM and instead focus on providing the flexible options that other generic CRMs have discovered (through years of trial & error and customer feedback) to be the necessary ones.

Copy ACT (and many more recent ones) in terms of function & flexibility added to what you already have and you will have a world-beating product.

Tnichs Top Contributor | Platinum Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Likewise, I think this would be an incredibly useful piece of functionality.

scotts
Occasional Contributor

I feel you should be able to type any info in the seach bar for a contact and have it seatch all contact properties, better to have a small list to look at and sort thru vs. not having any results at all when you know a person is in your system.

Abram
Regular Contributor

I support this feature. Most importantly, I would like the ability to GET contacts via the API using custom properties.

mike1

I agree with Abram.  This is must have.

"Most importantly, I would like the ability to GET contacts via the API using custom properties."

jrwthetreegroup
Regular Contributor

I agree with Abram. This is must have.

"Most importantly, I would like the ability to GET contacts via the API using custom properties."