HubSpot Ideas

Hoppities

Search contacts, companies and deals by custom properties

We would like the ability to query the Contacts/Companies API and pass in a property and a string to return a list of potential matches.

30 Comentarios
CaitlinRyan
Miembro

Great idea - I would like to see this too

LWeiLi
Miembro

Was thinking that too, shouldn't be a tough feature to add in. It will save a whole lot of time for me.

MikeMc
Participante

I'm also responding as a need to query based on Custom Properties. I'm surprised this is not an existing feature.

JoyHanawa
Participante

My phone system is querying hubspot and pulling a contact based on a matched phone number.  The phone system is routing the call to the appropriate customer service rep.  The customer service rep is responsible for the company.  We need the ability to pull the customer service rep associated with the company that the contact is calling from.  Without this ability we'll have to store company information (such as service rep) on the contact record.  This is not ideal.  If only there was a way through json to query the contact record based on the phone number: https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/search/query?hapikey=yourapikeyhere&property=phone&q=9995551212&p... and then query the company record for the support rep eg. https://api.hubapi.com/companies/v2/companies/:companyId/properties?hapikey=yourapikeyhere

as far as I can tell this functionality works for contacts, but not properties.  

https://api.hubapi.com/companies/v2/companies/:companyId/contacts?hapikey=yourapikeyhere

courtenaysfs
Participante

If we could do this, we would not need to maintain our own "bespoke CRM" and poll updated companies all the time!

sachinr
Colaborador

Really wish this existed. Without the ability to search companies, even just by name, we need to make multiple queries to HubSpot to retrieve all companies (through paging) and then do the searching within our own back-end. This obviously creates unnecessary complexity in our integration but also unnecessary load on HubSpot's servers.

JGMio
Miembro

How is this not a thing?

*gets on knees

Please create!!!

balabanov
Colaborador

This would be so good to dedupe contacts based on non-email IDs, I'm so looking forward to it

jmshinn
Miembro

I'm so frustrated that this isn't already done.  We've made the decision to move to HubSpot CRM away from our prior CRM, but come to find out it's not yet a complete product, and I'll have to do a bunch of work to mitigate the lack of this fairly simple feature.

Wholesale-Solar
Colaborador líder

Search by name at a minimum.

Hang in there everyone. Call your customer success manager, call your sales rep. Let them know that the API teams need more resources. Also tell them that hubspot should be focusing on making their API's first!

mherman
Miembro

You could simply open your Internal API ( the one used in Hubspot ) "contacts/search/v1/search/" with the Filters properties ..  This would suffice.  We need this functionality to be able to do periodic updates from our internal CRM.

Without this API, the updates are extremely cumbersome..and wasteful, in regards to our limited number of API calls.

Please open up the already working internal API.

adamwsearchspri
Miembro

This would save so much time! This is what I have to do now... 

Fetching page 1... (Offset: )
Fetching page 2... (Offset: 39442912)
Fetching page 3... (Offset: 39730054)
[...]
Fetching page 97... (Offset: 2202720298)
Time taken: 319 seconds

All this could be done in one simple call. 

JackDemoflow
Miembro

+1 here. This was literally the first thing I looked for in the API docs and I'm very surprised this isn't included. 

austinbirch
Miembro

Echoing mherman, access to a similer API endpoint to the one used internally within the HubSpot app would work really well for us.

If there was a search endpoint for companies and contacts that allowed us to supply the same filters a user can configure within the HubSpot then this would reduce the need for us to sync all data, poll that data frequently for updates, and setup webhook listeners just to maintain a dataset we can run a search on.

OmarCabello
Miembro

Yes, this would prevent additional work!

Example: If I want to retrive all companies where the company_owner is "25739363", I have to do the following,

1. get all company records via "GET /companies/v2/companies/paged"

also include a parameter of &properties=hubspot_owner_id ,

2. Page through all results since the maximum returned result is 250 records/companies.

3. Then I have to filter/parse the Result to only include records where "hubspot_owner_id" = "25739363"

njgage
Participante

Yawn.... after messaging support they asked to upvote something that is 2.5 years old... so, for all the use it will do....

Currently we do as others have suggested - make 43+ api calls getting 250 company records at a time to build an in-memory array of our companies. Then do a search by name to then get the company ID we need to then do something useful with it.. Mental overhead on the api system and it's so easy to create one more endpoint to allow search by name.

Wholesale-Solar
Colaborador líder

@njgage Pretty sure this is coming soon... Just look at the endpoints the end user web client uses. It's all there.

njgage
Participante

@Wholesale-Solar yeah, I've tried to see if these could be used but doesn't appear so yet. But you're right - it works on the front end!

dparkinson
Miembro

Is there any update on this?  Seems like it has been outstanding for a long time and, like others, this was pretty much the first thing I looked for in the API.

JLiu
Participante

Need this API desperately! Any update when it will be avaiable?