HubSpot Ideas

AndyPitre

Search contacts, companies and deals by custom properties

We need the ability to search (not filter) based on custom properties.

Use case: I am speaking with someone on LinkedIn and need to find them within the CRM. Her name and email do not give the correct results.

If I could search her by LinkedIn URL (custom property) I would always get the correct results because people have many email addresses but only one LinkedIn URL.

44 Replies
bkeller
HubSpot Product Team

Grovesales

This is essential for us as well, glad to see its in BETA

DevCloud

This sounds great, how can we find out what's actually in beta and if it will be available via the API? 

We are very keen to search on a custom contact field via the API.

SteveArmitage
Participant

I have a custom deal property called 'Reference' which we use to hold a simple identifier for the deal. In the deal property manager, you can add custom fields to the site search, but not the 'in context search' - i.e. the search results at the top of the table within contanct/company/deal.

This is a pain and means that our users don't find the deals using the reference as they only use the in-context search, not the site search.

Please update the functionality to include custom properties which are marked as 'add to search' to be included in the in-context search field

Results when using the nameResults when using the nameCannot find same items by reference when using the in-context searchCannot find same items by reference when using the in-context searchCan find when using the site searchCan find when using the site search

Steve

Jovial_Jeremy
Contributor

@SteveArmitage has great idea and it would be very vauluable to add the function to serach for custom properties. 

SMS1
Participant

Please release this feature soon! I just changed companies and my old workplace used Microsoft Dynamics CRM. It was a giant slow elephant, but the most useful feature it had was a really good advanced search. My new company uses Hubspot, and I was shocked when I saw how limited the search functionality was. Please get this live ASAP!

feng
Participant

That's very important feature for users. Hope it can be released as soon as possible.

essell
Participant

Is there any update on the status of this feature? I agree it is an essential function of the API to return contacts based on searching properties.

yatishm
Top Contributor

Hi there

Agree - We are looking to move to Hubspot CRM Prof. and looking into the features and API capabilities. This is a bit of a limitation on the API and would be great if we can pull based on a custom property as well as to pull ALL records and not 100 at a time. I can understand some of the reasoning behind it though but it would be nice if the API does remove some of the limits like this.

Thanks

stueyu

Our company is planning to move from Dynamics 365/CRM to Hubspot.   Am also surprised to see how limited the search functionality is.      Is now been 2+ years since this was raised   😞

yatishm
Top Contributor

Hi, Is there perhaps any traction or updates on this?

Akihiro
Member | Partner

I agree with Abram.  This is must have!!

aronhoekstra
Participant

This is also absolutely critical to us, too. We're trying to build various integrations to the Hubspot platform, but this severe limitation is creating a lot of roadblocks. When is this going to be available? Having worked with dozens of different API's, advanced search is a staple of every other CRM platform. This is by far the most limited functionality I've ever seen.

bkeller
HubSpot Product Team

This feature has been delivered and is included in any of our Enterprise Hubs.

aronhoekstra
Participant

That is great news, thank you! Will the API documentation be updated soon? How do we use this feature?

RobL

It seems the request is now implemented, but only in the Enterprise editions?? Why not make it available to everybody? This is such a major, yet basic feature, it should be for all to use imho.

aronhoekstra
Participant

@RobL Have you verified it's even available for Enterprise editions? I have not been able to find any documentation on how to use it. @bkeller  @AndyPitre - in what way has this been delivered?

RobL

@aronhoekstra No, I have not verified, solely took @bkeller 's word for it...so, I am as curious as you!

matt_scott
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I'm also looking for the documentation for this! Need to grab a deal based on a specific property.

SteveMacal

Restricting a search feature is the epitome of bad taste. It's not a new feature, it's not a addon, its the most basic feature to all CRMs. That's right, the most basic feature to ALL CRM's.

Even Scrooge couldn't pull off such a act. Maybe next you can limit note length to 9 characters unless you are enterpise. That's just enough to spell bah humbug! Wait does the blank space count... maybe just bahhumbug.

scrooge search meme.png

I still like your product! Just having a bit of fun.