HubSpot Ideas

matica

Search by phone number should apply to 'Company'

The search function only pulls up phone numbers associated with 'Contacts' and not 'Companies'. It would be nice to be able to search by any phone number in your Hubspot directory, not just numbers associated with 'Contacts'

14 Replies
horizoncapitali

You should be able to search phone numbers for copanies as well as contacts! It becomes difficult to find clients because our business goes by company not contact!

matica

No, you still cannot search by the phone contact entered in a 'Company'. Only phone numbers associated with a 'Contact' appears in the search results.

tim1468
Top Contributor

I need this very important function too, and with filter also it not show results when i put the full number. This was a basic function on our old CRM!

taropaa
Contributor

This feature is in high demand! Please add it

aaronecopoxy

Hubspot, Please get someone to address this, as it is a major inconvenience and boarder line deal breaker as we have our phone system integrated with HubSpot.

Gustumbo

I need this feature. when a company calls me back and says they are not interested, i need to update the system. if I am not near my computer I will use the number on my cell phone caller id to look up the company. cant do that right now and several times I have not been able to connect the dots and go ahead and continue to call a very **bleep** off person who has told me not interested and because I was not able to search by phone number for a company the record did not get update. please fix this 

tim1468
Top Contributor

Yes an in Europe soon it will be obligatory to registrer this , so it will be a no go if it is not possible 

HorizonCapital2

Even under contacts sometimes I cannot pull it up. I sound illiterate when I cant even pull up the right file by the number listed on it. Especially if they have told me the name of the business multiple times and I cannot understand them ( I have some original french speaking customers in quebec.) Looking for someone by their phone number is a deal braker in some cases. I've had certain  customers call me and ask who we are and I have no idea who they are and they will not give information. The deal could possibly be saved if I knew who I was talking too. This is a necessity for a crm to have. How long until this is fixed. I may have to find a new crm if this continues to be a problem.

IOspect
Participant

I have many incomming calls on leads that i havent added a contact too yet. It creates a lot of confusion when they call back, to find out who they are, when i cant search for the phone nr on the company. it eats time, and makes me sound "unprofessional" towards the costumer, when i dont know who they are.

It would be a very welcommed feauture to HubSpot 🙂

Conzo427
Contributor

How is this not a feature?  I don't understand.  This is a big part of what a simple CRM does.

AndrewDream
Participant

@hubspot Can we please get an update on this functionality? We just signed up with your CRM and are taken aback that our sales team cant search by phone. We mainly call off of companies and have few contacts added (only added once becomes a qualified lead). We really need to be able to search easily in company field by phone, address, and shop name (only one available now). THANKS!

update: As a work around for now we created a phone number filter where you can search by an exact number within companies. It is a bit cumbersome if you need to do this multiple times but better than nothing. Would be great for it to be able to be searched in the main search bar in companies. 

Ida

Being able to search both company and contact by phone number would be a really great feature! I hope you implement it. 

AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

My name is Andres Bustos and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. 

Searching by phone number via the Search Bar in the CRM has been delivered as you can see in this demo here.

Overview:

In Contacts: Search by Phone Number and Mobile Phone Number fields

In Companies: Search by Phone Number field

Please let me know if this is not working for you or if you have any other questions or comments. Thank you!

Andres

Conzo427
Contributor

I tried this and it still doesnt work as it should. It seems like the biggest issue is that you have to format the phone number EXACTLY as it is in hubspot.

When a call comes in, our reps quickly type the phone number into the global search bar at the top of the screen.  We try with no formating first.  This HOPEFULLY works, but ussually does not. They then scramble to the "companies" page and type a "*" folowed by just the last 4 digits of the phone.  They then scan the list hoping to find the phone number in a long list of similar numbers.  If THIS doesn't work, then they scramble over to the Contacts page and do the same thing.  They do all of this while pretending to know who is calling in.  If they could just enter the phone number without formating into the global search this would be SO much better!