HubSpot Ideas

MHuebsch

Search and Replace Function

I would recommend having a built-in search and replace function. So you can search through all your blog posts and replace a certain word or phrase. For example, we renamed our company and now I have to go through all our blog posts, find every instance of our old name and replace it with our new name. A search and replace function would probably save me the 5+ hours I need to spend on this.

I've used WordPress plugins that have this feature and it can be quite helpful and save a lot of time.

Thank you for your consideration.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
April 14, 2020 02:51 PM

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. At this time a content-wide search and replace is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case.

33 Replies
jro22

Please make this happen! It should be across the whole system. For instance, when there is a very common typo in the CRM system...

mykeamend

My fix was to move to other CMS/CRMs that have actual developers on staff not salespeople, and don't refer to "complaints" or "issues" as "ideas" in some creepy newspeak way. They also actually fix important issues in days and not decades.

Which one? Pretty much all of them.

tydowns
Participant | Partner

Did this never get implemented?

I have a client on WP, and then Hubspot for their blog/landing pages/emails.

WordPress we can easily do a find and replace, https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/how-to-perform-search-and-replace-in-wordpress-database/

With Hubspot, if we can't do a find and replace, I could realistically be looking at dozens, if not hundreds of hours to do this.

Any update on this?

erikcochran

Hi there, 

I was searching for a similar feature and stumbled on this article. While there isn't a search and replace feature for Hubspot websites, there is an export/import feature. I'd recommend exporting the content types and find and replace. Next, import the content back in. This will only work for blog(s). There is not an export feature to CSV for landing pages that I could find.

Export: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/export-your-content-and-data

Import: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/blog/import-your-blog-into-hubspot-as-a-csv-file

tydowns
Participant | Partner

Erikcochran,

Thank you for your suggestion. With this method, did you have to go into each file for each blog post and edit each blog post one by one?

erikcochran

No. It appears that Hubspot does not allow you to overwrite existing articles. To fix, an author would need to remove/delete all articles before re-importing. It's too bad that Hubspot isn't a really CMS with a database that can be manipulated.

CW74

The would be hugely helpful to us. We just renamed our products and now have thousands of pages to edit one-by-one

DCaspar

IMPLEMENT THIS PLEASE!  This is an absolute basic function of every CMS, i actually have to open and edit over 200 Sites manually, this **bleep** really hard and cost me 3 days of work!

JonathanFlex

+1

JaseRodley

Also adding a request for this. Without it, I need to recommend my clients do not use HubSpot for their CMS, only CRM features.

FrancineS
Contributor

Totally agree... it would be horrible to have to replace an abbreviation across many contacts individually.  Please fix this or at least allow copy down.

TristanM

+1

mswiertz

Another YES to this feature. When I built websites in Dreamweaver this was super helpful and have a project I'm on now where I need it. Instead I literally have to go page by page and check everything, which is obviously a HUGE time suck.