HubSpot Ideas

MHuebsch

Search and Replace Function

I would recommend having a built-in search and replace function. So you can search through all your blog posts and replace a certain word or phrase. For example, we renamed our company and now I have to go through all our blog posts, find every instance of our old name and replace it with our new name. A search and replace function would probably save me the 5+ hours I need to spend on this.

I've used WordPress plugins that have this feature and it can be quite helpful and save a lot of time.

Thank you for your consideration.

33 Replies
jfalk

Yes!! 

Asage

Totally agree!  I am well beyond five hours in on a name change project...

jtron

I would love this funcation too!

langalich

Yes! Agreed!  That would be very helpful functionality. 

mykeamend

This really needs to happen. It is the one year anniversary of this thread BTW.

lancecummins
Member | Platinum Partner

This would be incredibly helpful. We recently had a client change from the trademark "TM" to "R", and a sitewide Find and Replace would save a lot of time! 

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

I would want the function to be universal for the platform.  It would help immensely.

Unbated4503

この意見に賛同します。

会社の社名やURLが変更になるタスクに追われています。

文字の置換が行えるようになると非常に作業が楽になります。

Cnadler
Participant | Platinum Partner

Agreed, this would be a nice time-saver

carla1

This would be incredibly helpful when there are product name changes or company language changes. 

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. At this time a content-wide search and replace is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case.

mykeamend

I found the best solution for this was to export all my blog posts, run regular expressions on the data to remove all the garbage code Hubspot's editor throws in there, and then import those posts into Wordpress. Now I finally have this very-beyond-basic functionality every other CMS on the planet has had forever!

linhfelix
Participant

this is a potential life saver for large scale migration projects! Please build this HubSpot! 

GPcn
Participant

Agree with all there, this function would be so helpful, we hope it rolls out...

Santi_Beneitez

This would be of so much help, renaming a product or feature is something that is done often in companies and having to do it manually is such a big hasstle.

Kmoloo
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

This is a must. I just spent hours changing temporary domain links to live links in the global content editor. I should be able to search and replace one domain for another, just like in wordpress.

EChuen
Member | Platinum Partner

Dear Hubspot support,

This is an issue posted by Hubspot partner MHuebsch in 2017
"I would recommend having a built-in search and replace function. So you can search through all your blog posts and replace a certain word or phrase. For example, we renamed our company and now I have to go through all our blog posts, find every instance of our old name and replace it with our new name. A search and replace function would probably save me the 5+ hours I need to spend on this. I've used WordPress plugins that have this feature and it can be quite helpful and save a lot of time."

This is a big no go for my client. Can Hubspot tell us why is this shouldn't be a priority? It has been 4 long years since this was last posted. 

Give me a chance to convince Hubspot WHY this should be a priority and the benefits it brings to Hubspot. 

1. YMYL (Your Money Your Life) clients e.g. Finance, healthcare regularly needs to replace superlative keywords to comply with the law

YMYL clients generally have bigger wallets and little time compared to non YMYL niches. These niches are heavily regulated by regulations. In Singapore, for example, there are a list of superlative words e.g. Best, Experts that are not allowed on their websites. (Rationale: Unnecessary healthcare consumption should not be encourged). When hit with an update or warning by regulators to remove or replace certain words or phrases, a wordpress competitor can do so in an instant while Hubspot says: "we are constantly re-evaluating our priority. - and this is not one of them"

Wouldn't it be great if Hubspot has more of such clients with bigger pockets? It also address customers like MHuebsch's concern. 

2. Considering that there's already 35 upvotes for this issue(at the time of posting)

If I consider at all 35 upvotes are billed at the lowest business tier "professional", they are paying hubspot $1780 x 35 = $62,300 monthly revenue, which comes to $747,600 yearly revenue. Following the inbound methodology, it would be easier to delight these existing 35 customers as it is less costly to retain than to acquire new customers. 
Source: Hubspot Academy, and
https://www.hubspot.com/inbound-marketing

I hope Hubspot can change their minds on this issue. This could be a classic case study on Hubspot delighting customers, or not.

MarekB
Participant

As another year rolls by and this issue remains unresolved, I'd like to add a request that the find and replace functionality works across the whole platform and not only blog. I am still chasing an old company name in title tags and description tags.

marenhogan
Contributor | Elite Partner

Just heard back from support that this still isn't possible and found this thread through trying to find an alternative. Truly unbelievable. 

jc

Would save hundred of hours after re-branding, changing domains, product names, etcetera.