Search Functionality

Once I logged email to contacts, I expected I would be able to search on keywords and/or subject lines in order to search for specific logged emails.  It is VERY inconvenient to try and find specific logged emails by manually scrolling through a given contact's activity stream emails.  Of course, I am filtering just for "sales emails" but there's still lots of email to scroll through.  I would like to suggest a search function for contacts activity stream.  Thank you. 

24 Replies
kgrider
Regular Contributor

Yes, this is problem I am running into now. I want to be able to search for a keyword across all of my contacts, companies, deals, and emails!

philippejj0421
New Contributor

Anyone from HubSpot: Is there any plan to add a decent search tool that can scan throught the contact notes?

If yes, any target time?

Thanks!

bburket3
New Contributor

Agree, I cannot use the software without being able to search email and notes.  I don't understand how anyone can.

Simon1
New Contributor

It is a serious limitation for a CRM not being able to make full text searches. While full text email search utility can be subjectve (you can still search using gmail or your email client) , it's absolutely required for notes at least!

But where is the button to upvote!??? 

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Delivered

Hey everyone,

We have built out the ability to search for contacts, companies and deals by the engagements on their timeline. This currently works in the global searchbar located in the navigation. Currently, we are searching email subject, notes, associated tasks, and call notes. 

tlindeman
New Contributor

@bkeller, the search functionality you mention is useful, but not what is being asked for in this idea. We want to be able to search for a specific note or an email message. For example, I know that I spoke with a contact about a particular project idea a few months ago, and I want to review the notes. I can type in some details about the project in search and it will find the contact and provide a snippet of the email in the search result browser, but clicking on the result will just bring me to the contact, not to the emails itself. For many of my contacts, I have dozens of emails, and scrolling down to find the email is very cumbersome as those in this thread have noted.

If you want people to spend more time using hubspot, and making it a valuable repository for finding information about your sales discussions, this is a must have feature!

GraehamF
Occasional Contributor

@bkeller this has NOT been delivered.  Please correct the status of this, so we don't have to open a new one and lose this data.

Yes, what @tlindeman said.  The global search is nice, but not what this is asking for.  We need to search _within_ an activity stream (contact/company/deal) for a specific keyword.

Using Gmail/Jira style search terms in the global search might be a good UX here:
* Gmail style = deal:"deal name" keyword

* Jira style = deal = "deal name" AND text ~ keyword

That or just have another search on top of each activity stream that searches within that activity stream for a keyword(s)

Huge productivity booster here.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Planning

ProductLab
New Contributor

+1

LightMySpace
New Contributor

Absolutely.. Programming the functionality would be easy and most CRM systems, email systems and even file manager(!) can look inside content to find a word or string.