HubSpot Ideas

mtorrie62

Search Functionality

Once I logged email to contacts, I expected I would be able to search on keywords and/or subject lines in order to search for specific logged emails.  It is VERY inconvenient to try and find specific logged emails by manually scrolling through a given contact's activity stream emails.  Of course, I am filtering just for "sales emails" but there's still lots of email to scroll through.  I would like to suggest a search function for contacts activity stream.  Thank you. 

HubSpot Updates
Re: Search Functionality - changed to: In Planning
July 17, 2018 11:10 AM

Re: Search Functionality - changed to: Delivered
May 22, 2018 09:26 AM

Hey everyone,

We have built out the ability to search for contacts, companies and deals by the engagements on their timeline. This currently works in the global searchbar located in the navigation. Currently, we are searching email subject, notes, associated tasks, and call notes. 

35 Replies
mrlarson

Hi, 

We recently adopted hubspot and would love for different users to be able search via the Outlook add-in for contacts that someone else on our team has added to the CRM. I've seen this ability to search for contact information (e.g., email) via the Outlook add-in referenced in several help articles, notably this.  However, that functionality does not exist for us. Instead we just have: 

Hubspot.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

supasnyder
Participant

This search contact funtionality is also a similar issue I am experiecing in addition to this issue; https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Outlook-Sales-Extension/Cannot-update-details-in-Outlook-Sidebar-Sa...

dwg-andy
Participant

This is almost laughable. When I do global search. These are how the results are shown. How can I even know which contact these results are associated with.

hs.png

ppaquet
Participant

Hi ! It would be awesome to get a real Search Results Page with all kind of records that mention the keyword the user is looking for (for example, organized by information types deal, contact, company ...).

Thank you very much !

cec
Participant

I need to be able to search for emails / pages / contacts without needing a direct string match.

For example, if I have a list called "North America Product Contacts," I should be able to enter the text "North America Contacts" and have this email come up, but right now you have to remember the exact name which is absurd.

yvonne3t

Agreed. I cannot search for any contact with a @gmail.com email address - otherwise it returns ALL the Gmail results! You need to remove the "@gmail.com" portion in order for this to work which is such a waste of time. Equally, words that are present in emails that I need to filter for are really hard to find. For example, I needed to find mails which contained the word "Professor" - no results at all. Our previous CRM did both examples perfectly, so it is possible.

StevenLW

We need to search _within_ an activity stream (contact/company/deal) for a specific keyword. This is important for us, a company with relationships that go back more than 20 years ... the current system is simply inadequate. Please elevate this in importance!!

Kathdawson

Another vote for this, Ive just wasted hours tryng to find stuff in the email body of emails copied into hubspot and not sent from hubspot. Ive never come across a CRM where such searches are not possible, even ancient CRMs. Please put this back into planning?

tkachukp

+1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for submitting this idea! Search is something we would like to make more robust on the activity timeline in the CRM. We are still a ways out from having the ability to search email bodies efficiently so I am going to leave this as "Not Currently Planned" for the time being.

MTacawy

Please improve your search functionality. It is not useful and it is unreasonably difficult to search for anything in Hubspot because the results almost always seem unrelated. 

MAure

Please improve your search functionality. It is not useful and it is unreasonably difficult to search for anything in Hubspot because the results almost always seem unrelated. 

Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Would love to have a more reliable activity search inside the CRM, this is a major blocker for several of the enterprise clients I work with.

GHyman
Participant

I totally agree, a large part of any CRM is maintaining an historical record of client/contact interactions. Even today, the bulk of those are emails, and often the only way to find an email, or even the sender/recipient on a particular subject, is by searching on a key word or phrase. I don't know of another CRM that doesn't have this feature. This should be such a simple fix and would provide enormous boost to functionality

VCL001
Participant

I think a more robust search functionality is mandatory, especially if you wish to compete with other mainstream CRMs.

1. Current global search is limited to 30 returns, which is not useful.
  2. There is no way to add filters to narrow down the search, which means 30 results returned can completely miss what someone may be looking for since it could be part of result 100, if search was better.
  3. Search doesn't take you straight to the email or paragraph
  4. Search is missing data. I specifically searched for an email I wrote 4 days ago and it did not show up in the results