HubSpot Ideas

rwullkotte

Search Deals via Quote Number

My company receives purchase orders for the vast majority of the work that we do.  These PO's often will simply reference the quote number and dollar amount.  As we have moved towards generating quotes via Hubspot, I have found that you have no control over the quote number and cannot search by the quote number.  This makes the quote number meaningless and quotes incredibly difficult to track down.

IDEA: Provide functionality to search by quote number via the search bar at the top of the screen, the search bar within the deals pipeline, and by adding filters.

40 Replies
MicahSugg

In addition, this quote number needs to be a property that can be used in workflows and auto mailers and such.

KSimpson

The reference number definately needs to be searchable.  As others have noted, many times customer submit PO's with the reference number and it is difficult if there are multiple deals open with the same person.

bradytraeder
Contributor
I believe they enabled the quote ref. number to be searched in the deals
section.

--
Brady Traeder
mrowe8

Brady,  Can you type out instructions of how you are seeing it work?  I have nothing to search that field.

TuffaCharlie
Participant

Great news that we can finally search by Quote number! Thank you Hubspot!

Apologies sorry - this is still outstanding frustratingly. I was searching for the quote number under quotes!

KSimpson

Thank you!!!

KHill1

I am unable to search for the quote number in deals...... can someone detail out exactly how to do this? Thanks! 

dc-usa
Contributor

Wow, just realizing that this isn't possible. Honestly this is dangerous that the search tool in Hubspot doesn't at least return a link to the Deal that owns the Quote with that particular number. HS -- please implement this

meldargon
Participant

Agreed, how do I tell a customer whom we created a quote for that the quote number that we generated doesn't mean anything to the system that generated it?

That is an unnecessary and embarrassing conversation which doesn't instill much hope that we know what we are doing on our end.

Help us look good by allowing us to search the quote numbers generated in the CRM in the CRM.

mrowe8

Considering this was asked for over 3 years ago and we have had zero movement.  It speaks volumes to the commitment from HS.  There is no way that anyone with any sense would not see this as an immediate need of the package.

Roy3
Participant

"This makes the quote number meaningless and quotes incredibly difficult to track down."   "unessary and embarassing"

This is almost as bad not being able to add files as attachments to deals.  Seems intentionally broken which is a hard thing to imagine.

DSpringstroh

I found a solution for this.... You can search by quote number if you go to Sales Tab > and select Quotes from the drop down, then enter the quote number in the "search all quotes" bar on that page.  

dc-usa
Contributor

DSpringstroh

I found a solution for this.... You can search by quote number if you go to Sales Tab > and select Quotes from the drop down, then enter the quote number in the "search all quotes" bar on that page.

This is what I was looking for... thanks!
mrowe8

Sweet baby jesus.  Thank you for posting this!

KHill1
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
EllenG

Thank you so much for this! Wonderful!! 

GAvila1
‎Dec 6, 2021 2:22 PM

Thank you for that! But in my case, I didn't find it. Maybe my account has not the same permissions as you have. Can anyone help me with screenshots? That would be perfect!

Thank you again.

IMontgomery

Searching by quote number is also crucial for our business. Customers will reference this number, or an excerpt of, now and in the future on their purchase orders, We tie this number to our ERP system, and having that connection be searchable is a major quality-of-life improvement for our order entry staff.

Thank you.

IMontgomery

Also, for those above, you can search this number with a wildcard * if you don't have the whole number in the Sales>Quotes screen.

Screenshot attached.

ScreenShot 2023-03-15 at 17.38.24@2x.png

LKronberger-F

Does anyone know if this has been improved or if you're able to modify the number generated?