HubSpot Ideas

Org3D

Search Attachments

If I have a contact who has an attachment associated with them, I want to be able to search elements of that attachment. So I want to be able to search for specific words within that attachment.

An example might be that I've attached resumes to each contact, and I now want to search those resumes for the words 'president's club' to bring me back a list of all the contacts who have resumes where the words presidents club appears.

Hope that makes sense!
25件のコメント
Danomano
メンバー

Hi, 

is this possible anyhow? That would be genius?

dsparks
メンバー

Search past email attachments, Yes Please

CarolineB3
参加者

I have many attachments in Hubspot for multiple (hundreds) of company records. I would like to be able to search attachments period. 🙂

pleach
メンバー

I would like to be able to search Attachments in a Thumbnail view, so you can see what types of docs they are.  It would also be good to be able to select a population and delete them all (IE, when signature/loges images are saved over and over.)  

GASR
参加者

this would be a great addition and much needed 

minorcm1
メンバー

I agree, much needed!

karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Agreed! On a related note, it would be great if there was a contact property that keeps track of whether a contact has attachments or not (true/false).

frankwagman1
参加者

This would be very useful especially looking for NDAs and pricing proposals to prospects.

orkunturkey
参加者

Absolutely needed

MikeSentry
メンバー

How can you not have the ability to search attachments - so basic, much needed

RebeccaMudler
メンバー

@adimare - Good afternoon. I have been following your posts on a different blog for HubSpot Associations and was wondering if you could assist with this one. Do you have any insights into when searching attachments would be available? If not, could you tag someone at HubSpot who can assist with this topic?

APaquette
メンバー | Elite Partner

Need this for recrutement purposes! 

Bles
メンバー

Yes, it would be great to have this!

WGarcia
メンバー

Awesome idea

ACauley
メンバー

Agree this is needed, it would be great if we could turn off automatic storing of attachments and you could manually upload only relevant ones too so it doesn't get so clogged up. 

OGuth
参加者

This search function is needed by many and has been demanded for a long time, it is also extremely helpful, please develop it at last

vanessahunt
トップ投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Other CRMs allow you to 'tag' content as you upload it as well, so you can search by tag. I'd like to be able to search for any content in an Attachment (for my clients), so you can quickly identify proposals that are performing well at helping you close Deals.

Although the Documents area is great for formally organising documents, we need something more flexible and fluid to allow users to seach all colleagues' proposals to help them find a winning PPT and some key slides, for example. In some ways the Projects area has some useful features (such as tags and rich text commenting).

@KyleJepson Do you know of anything coming down the line about this, pleeeease? 😄 

AFrye3
メンバー

Absolutely agree with everyone here! Need the following things:

1 - Ability to Search Attachments

2 - Ability to Search Attachment contents

3 - Ability to Filter/Report on whether a contact has an attachment or not

4 - Ability to "Tag" Attachments or add Association Labels to them for tracking

IMontgomery
メンバー

Not to anger the rest of the concerned people here. But I would greatly benefit from the quick implimentation of being able to search attachment filename and metadata in the main search.

Jasper_Madrone
参加者

I created an app that may be able to relieve some of the pain here. It allows you to parse the contents of an uploaded form file property into a multi-line text property. You can then create filters to search through the text of the property. 

Supported file types are:

• PDF
  • JPG
  • JPEG
  • PNG
  • DOCX
  • DOC
  • TXT
  • XLSX

This is part of a standalone app I made that is currently in review for the marketplace. You can install a trial here if you want to check it out.

I am also working on a larger app that will transform HubSpot into a full blown ATS that includes resume parsing. That one is here.