Schedule workflow expiration date

cbmoldov
It would be a life saver if we had the ability to schedule workflows to deactivate themselves on a specified date (date picker) similar to how we can schedule landing pages to unpublish themselves. This would be huge for people who have a salesforce integration and have to flip over campaigns/workflows every quarter.
4 Replies
rwolupo
Top Contributor

OMG i would really really love that simple feature

mkarsten
Top Contributor

We need this badly. I'm getting ready to clean-up our 602 workflows that've accumulated over a few years. There are so many workflows that are campaign related, and originally having an expiration date would've avoided the need to sift through this whole list to access.

With a small HubSpot team our priorities lie other places, so (as is) not having an expiration creates a bigger mess than necessary. Some examples include: Submission Confirmation automations for giveaways, limited time offers (when series of emails), post purchase emails (when we have the date a product is no longer avail.), and temp workflows to bulk update a property (although we can use lists for this now).

We clone inactive workflows regularly, so don't want them delted, just switch it off, and throw it in an archive folder that hides them from all the other workflows (like email archiving).😁

cbmoldov

As someone who has over 960+ workflows, I can totally relate!! It would also be nice if inactive workflows didn't count towards the total # of workflows you're allowed to have also, because I save them for cloning purposes as well. Wish more people would upvote this!

MarkdeLange
Top Contributor | Partner

This solution would be very useful/essential on some of the campaigns I am running on an enterprise portal with over 1000 workflows.

The use case is that a campaign has multiple workflows: 1) a normal workflow to invite users to an event, and 2) a date centered workflow sending users reminders based on days/hours before the session takes place.

We need to de-activate the "invitation" workflow before the date centered workflow triggers the email. At the moment I need to diarise the de-activation of workflow 1) which is not efficient, and can easily be forgotten.