Schedule website/landing page updates without unpublishing the page

It would be great if we could have a way to schedule website/landing page updates without unpublishing the page until the time set to update/publish.

For example, currently when we publish a page, make changes, and then schedule a time for the changes to be updated/published, the page will be unpublished until the scheduled time. 

Ideally we should be able to make edits to a page, schedule the update/publish, publish the changes when the time comes, and keep the page live the whole time

(Submitted on behalf of a customer) 

HubSpot updates
24 Replies
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

I agree that this could be a very helpful feature. In my opinion, I think that this could likely be best implemented by enhancing our current content staging functionality, but if the general consensus is that this feature would be preferred in the Page Editor Publishing tab, definitely let me know. 

While this idea is not yet in planning, I did want to drop a note to let you know that this is on our radar and I will update this post with more details as they become available (so, prayers have been answered). 

NGV-Jackie
New Contributor

Hello @breichenbach - Thanks for the response and info!

I believe we're all feeling the frustration of updates performed via the "Schedule" option on the Page Editor. If you schedule an update the Page Editor pulls the live page down, rather than leaving it in place until the update goes live. I would find the option to keep the current page live while awaiting a scheduled update really useful and intiutive.

Please keep us posted if this idea gets to dev. Smiley Happy

susandoucet

I agree with the previously made comments. An "update schedule date" option that makes your page unavailable for the interim period before the update date/time is counterintuitive to how I would expect this to function. Ideally, the page would stay live as is and then update with the scheduled changes at the intended time.

ben-duchy
Regular Contributor

Without wanting to repeat what everyone has already said... but come on HubSpot why have you not done this already?? This is now becoming a priority for my employer and I for one am getting fed up of updating the website outside working hours Smiley Sad