HubSpot Ideas

annaishizeki

Schedule website/landing page updates without unpublishing the page

It would be great if we could have a way to schedule website/landing page updates without unpublishing the page until the time set to update/publish.

For example, currently when we publish a page, make changes, and then schedule a time for the changes to be updated/published, the page will be unpublished until the scheduled time. 

Ideally we should be able to make edits to a page, schedule the update/publish, publish the changes when the time comes, and keep the page live the whole time

(Submitted on behalf of a customer) 

60 Replies
eileenk

We've also had this request come in from several clients, primarily by a credit union client who needs edits to go live at a very specific time. Would be a million times easier for us to do the work in advance and schedule the page to update at the exact requested time.

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Us too...  We have various sales, promotions, etc. that we'd love to include on a page, but I hate having to wake up at midnight just to publish a page.....

Big up vote here!!!!!!

emilylongbrake

Thanks for posting: my company would love this feature as well!

WordPress plugins Revisionize and Revisionary have been available for years for WP users: it seems like this basic feature just combines existing version histories and scheduling functions. It would be a great improvement for anyone doing timed promotions, regular schedule changes, and much more, without the stress of having to click "publish" at an inconvenient time or day.

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Yea, like MIDNIGHT! ! ! ! ! !

@annaishizeki wrote:

It would be great if we could have a way to schedule website/landing page updates without unpublishing the page until the time set to update/publish.

For example, currently when we publish a page, make changes, and then schedule a time for the changes to be updated/published, the page will be unpublished until the scheduled time. 

Ideally we should be able to make edits to a page, schedule the update/publish, publish the changes when the time comes, and keep the page live the whole time

(Submitted on behalf of a customer) 

aplante94

I agree, this update would be ideal for contests! Instead, I will be waking up at midnight to push my update through. 

theScott
Top Contributor

I agree as well. Any time we push out product updates, I have to log in at midnight to publish all the pages where we've made changes.

SandeepT

Honestly, I'm quite surprised that a) this feature request doesn't have thousands of upvotes and b) that a year has passed since this important request was made!

I'm sure that most organizations have new details and documents to publish following quarterly announcements, partnerships, new technology developments, version releases, significant staff changes and other events that, simply, can't be announced on one channel or at a company-wide meeting and immediately updated on the website. Especially, if the folks responsible happen to be in a different time zone or possibly part of the very event.

C'mon now... can a platform that makes its raving fans wake up at midnight to just push a HubSpot button despite being able to put a complex newsletter dispatch or lead flow on autopilot, really be called a marketing automation platform? Let's fix this fast 🙂

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

@SandeepT  LOL  I agree with you.  How had could this be????  Furthermore, since it's been a year, and not even a comment by Hubspot staff.  You have to assume that this will go nowhere....

Scott

PatrickEng
HubSpot Employee

Would love if this idea became a reality!

cabplanalp
Participant

Yes why isn't this a built in feature from Hubspot, I have dealt with many many CMS's before and they all have this ability to schedule changes without making the page go into an unpublished mode, I really hope this is a feature release soon.

Additude

I can see a number of reasons why this would be really useful. Up vote from me.

Jsuphun
Participant

I'd highly upvote this idea! 

Our campaigns often require its deployment to suit global audiences in different time zones so it'd be a game changer for HubSpot to have this functionality available!

SantaClaus
Participant

Saint Hubspot who are in heaven, listen to our prayers.

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

This has been requested, upvoted, prayed for, for a number of years now.  I've yet to see any comments from the HS Gods.  So, I wouldn't be holding your breath on getting this simple and request handled.

Key West Scott

sking1
Contributor

It's now been 2 years since this request has been put in, and I wanted to chime in and say that I have a microsite that went down for a few hours since a content editor assumed that scheduling changes wouldn't unpublish the page. It's for an update we wanted published at 11:59pm. It's not intuitive nor expected at all to auto unpublish a page when scheduling. 

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Yea, I did the same thing, when I was new on Hubspot.  But it wasn't a micro site, but my main site.  Granted it was for all of about 3 minutes, but was certainly sweating bullets.  I knew that "revisions" were available, but had never used them, until then....

I'm like you, though.  I have sales that start on a particular day.  So, that means setting an alarm for just before midnight, so that I can log in and click one stupid button to publish an updated page.  Totally rediculous, waste of time and and unfathomable that this is still NOT available.  Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Scott

amanda_fms
Participant

Yes almost just did the same thing for a month long contest we have going! Guess I'll have to update manually everyday since the schedule button doesn't actually function how I thought it would. C'mon Hubspot, help us out here!

mike-ward
Key Advisor

Still no movement on this? This is a massive issue for our enterprise clients, where we often need changes made at odd-hours due to timezones (e.g. press releases going live at awkward hours). This shouldn't be complicated functionality to add. And it's really painful to have to either explain that a) "No, really, HubSpot doesn't support it" endlessly, or b) Wake up in the middle of the night to push 'Publish'.

NGV-Jackie
Participant

HubSpot - Are there any current plans to develop this feature?

We're also struggling with this issue, and need to be able to schedule page updates in advance without unpublishing the current page. 

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Jackie, just have to do it the old fashioned way, like the rest of us.  Set your phones alarm for midnight, then publish!!  Robot Sad

Scott