HubSpot Ideas

Sara

Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user from contact record

Firstly, not to have to add an existing hubspot user as a contact to be able to add them.

Secodly, not adding the person who sets up the meeting as an attendee because they simply create meetings for other users and don't have to be invited to the meeting

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
October 20, 2023 08:05 AM

I'm happy to share that after some time in beta, this functionality went live to all in July this year! You can now book meetings on behalf of others from any CRM record for users with a Sales Hub or Service Hub Pro+ seat. You all had been asking for this for a long time and I appreciate your patience.

Status atualizado para: In Planning
November 09, 2021 12:12 PM

Hi Community,

Sharing an update with you all to let you know that we've been following this closely the last several months and have begun to plan out a series of changes to the scheduling experience from a CRM record that would allow users to schedule meetings on behalf of other users, and more. For now, I'll share these concepts to show you how this might look. Details are subject to change based on technical limitations and feedback, but in summary we plan to include the following functionality in this experience: 

• Schedule a meeting on behalf of another user
  • Reference availability for yourself or other users
  • Set and view location of meeting events from a CRM record (including Microsoft Teams)
  • Create custom outcomes for meeting events

One-off_scheduling__reduced_size_.pngOne-off_scheduling__expanded_.pngtimeline_event_details.png

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
September 19, 2021 03:16 PM

Hi Community,

We are planning to prioritize some updates to scheduling from a contact record, which includes a solution that would resolve this issue.

Here are some details about current work which will influence our team's timing and ability to begin working on this solution:

The team is currently working on 2 projects:

1. The ability to insert specific, clickable times into emails
  2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

We then plan to pick up this project once the above 2 projects are out. This will likely happen later in Q4 or early next year. 

The solution we have in mind is currently being evaluated and reviewed internally, but we hope to make some changes to the scheduling experience on the contact record to:

- allow users to schedule on behalf of other users

- allow users in invite other users to meeting scheduled

- provide the ability to view calendar availability while scheduling from a contact record

Thanks everyone for sharing your feedback and comments on your use-cases how you'd like this solution to work!

Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:47 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. Adding users  to a meeting invite, or removing yourself, is important to any sales teams structured with a SDR/BDR to Account manager handoff.  We are evaluating this closely, I will provide an update here once we are able to review this for planning.

Best,

Glen

Best,

Glen

Status atualizado para: Idea Submitted
September 20, 2017 09:06 AM

Re: Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user - changed to: Needs Detail
July 28, 2017 12:51 PM

171 Comentários
HHunt1
Membro

Just tried the beta for this, but "booking on behalf is only available to paid users."

So after all this, I can only schedule a meeting for another user if they have a paid seat. What is the point in that? We have already upgraded to a sales professional subscription, and now HubSpot expects us to upgrade to monthly paid seats for every user we have for this feature to actually work? If that's the case then this is extremely disappointing, and quite frankly pointless.

Any user, whether they have a paid seat or not, should be able to schedule a meeting on behalf of another user. And it should not matter whether that other user they are scheduling for has a paid seat either.

STrotter
Participante

I agree. This is basic functionality that has been missing.  Was very excited to see that the beta had been added, but then was completely let down to see it was unavailable to me. The community has been waiting 6 YEARS for this to be added! We pay for 3 seats, but cannot justify the cost of the professional subscription.  So am I to just understand that a pull down menu to book for others is limited to certain users?  Please open this up to everyone. 

Kiwaps
Participante

Any update on this one? it seems to be in planning quite long

ClowninAround
Participante

Is there an update?

ChadHohn
Participante

@ClowninAround this is in production and a beta is out for scheduling meeting rotations to a defined group of people for the CRM UI! 

Meeting templates from the CRM UI is a high priority i heard!!

Status atualizado para: Delivered
MParham
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

I'm happy to share that after some time in beta, this functionality went live to all in July this year! You can now book meetings on behalf of others from any CRM record for users with a Sales Hub or Service Hub Pro+ seat. You all had been asking for this for a long time and I appreciate your patience.

HHunt1
Membro

@MParham unfortunately 'booking on behalf' is only available to paid users with a seat, so our call handlers that book appointments for the sales team, have to be the hosts, clogging up their calendars with meetings they don't attend. So this feature is essentially irrelevant for a company like us that would need to pay for seats for all our HubSpot users, which is not feasible.

STrotter
Participante

@MParham While I appreciate your team working to get this feature added, I am confused as to why something so basic would be put behind the "pro" paywall.  This is not some complicated AI tool, or IFTT automation.  It is basic funcitonality, and our small team does not have the resources, nor the need to pay for the extra monthly charges.  Can this please be added for those of us with a tighter budget/standarard account?  Thank you!

JStanlake
Membro | Parceiro Platinum

Agree that this functionality is almost pointless when you have to pay for a pro seat. We have hundreds of staff but only a small group of people that need to book meetings on behalf of other people. It's not feasible for us to have hundreds of people on the pro seat. Other CRMs offer this as a standard feature - it's such a common sales workflow.

SPu
Membro

We are also completely disappointed! We are already paying for all our call handlers who should book on behalf of our sales team. Our sales team doesn´t have to use a paid seat and we will surely not buy a license for everyone of them. So, this feature is completely useless. You should really consider changing the way your are providing this basic funtionality

missiris
Membro

Wow!
Is it really a Pro+ feature to be able to book a meeting for another user?
We should perhaps use Microsoft 365 instead?

Is it actually been five years since this Idea was registered and Hubspot responds with a Pro priced feature?