HubSpot Ideas

Sara

Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user from contact record

Firstly, not to have to add an existing hubspot user as a contact to be able to add them.

Secodly, not adding the person who sets up the meeting as an attendee because they simply create meetings for other users and don't have to be invited to the meeting

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
October 20, 2023 08:05 AM

I'm happy to share that after some time in beta, this functionality went live to all in July this year! You can now book meetings on behalf of others from any CRM record for users with a Sales Hub or Service Hub Pro+ seat. You all had been asking for this for a long time and I appreciate your patience.

In Planning
November 09, 2021 12:12 PM

Hi Community,

Sharing an update with you all to let you know that we've been following this closely the last several months and have begun to plan out a series of changes to the scheduling experience from a CRM record that would allow users to schedule meetings on behalf of other users, and more. For now, I'll share these concepts to show you how this might look. Details are subject to change based on technical limitations and feedback, but in summary we plan to include the following functionality in this experience: 

• Schedule a meeting on behalf of another user
  • Reference availability for yourself or other users
  • Set and view location of meeting events from a CRM record (including Microsoft Teams)
  • Create custom outcomes for meeting events

One-off_scheduling__reduced_size_.pngOne-off_scheduling__expanded_.pngtimeline_event_details.png

Being Reviewed
September 19, 2021 03:16 PM

Hi Community,

We are planning to prioritize some updates to scheduling from a contact record, which includes a solution that would resolve this issue.

Here are some details about current work which will influence our team's timing and ability to begin working on this solution:

The team is currently working on 2 projects:

1. The ability to insert specific, clickable times into emails
  2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

We then plan to pick up this project once the above 2 projects are out. This will likely happen later in Q4 or early next year. 

The solution we have in mind is currently being evaluated and reviewed internally, but we hope to make some changes to the scheduling experience on the contact record to:

- allow users to schedule on behalf of other users

- allow users in invite other users to meeting scheduled

- provide the ability to view calendar availability while scheduling from a contact record

Thanks everyone for sharing your feedback and comments on your use-cases how you'd like this solution to work!

Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:47 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. Adding users  to a meeting invite, or removing yourself, is important to any sales teams structured with a SDR/BDR to Account manager handoff.  We are evaluating this closely, I will provide an update here once we are able to review this for planning.

Best,

Glen

Best,

Glen

Idea Submitted
September 20, 2017 09:06 AM

Re: Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user - changed to: Needs Detail
July 28, 2017 12:51 PM

171 Replies
andre_ferreira

Same here @NicholasWebster !

ShamashA
Participant

Just want to add an important point regarding the ability to schedule meetings on behalf of other users:

From a reporting perspective, it would be extremely valuable for us to measure the number of meetings that a specific user has scheduled on behalf of another user. E.g. measuring the number of meetings that a specific SDR has scheduled with a sales rep, i.e. meetings where the SDR is the creator of the meeting but not the organizer.

Hope that makes sense and if someone knows of a way to achieve this already, please let me know.

cdinapoli
Participant
We’re right there with you
CWhitelock

Do we have an update on when this might be chnaged? 

I also agree with @ShamashA it is very important to be able to report on this. 

obouziane

Fantastic ! Let us know if there's an opportunity to opt into a beta 🙂

laurabren
Contributor

@glencornell wondering if these plans also include related task capabilities? Often when a meeting has shared responsibilities in a team, the supporting team member may also help with tasks -- the ability to reassign them would be very useful.

ADiCola2
Member | Elite Partner

What is the update on this?  I do not see movement since November of 2021

BreannBailey

Because we have Technical Account Managers and Sales Reps on the same calls, it would also be ideal for us to have the capability for more than one meeting organizer, so they both receive credit from a reporting and metrics perspective.

BKoons

I need two things: 

1. For my SDR to be able to assign a Discovery Call Meeting to an AE. 

2. If a meeting get's automatically booked from our Calendly page - I need a way to notate who the SDR is on that meeting. Currently all it says in reporting is: "Activity Created By - Unknown User" - because it came from the Calendly integration. 

ECosters

Hi, 

When will this functionality become available?

A lot of us are waiting...

tx!

STrotter
Participant

I am a new user getting everything organized for my team.  This feature is really important for us, and seems like a no-brainer.  Can we get an update please?

LMeert
Guide | Platinum Partner

Hi @glencornell,

Just a quick question about this much needed feature.
Any ETA for a private/public beta ?

You mentionned Q4 2021 or early 2022 but we haven't heard from your team since then.

Many thanks,

Ludwig

EgginEgginEggin
Participant

Absolutely needed ASAP... This is a massive pain for BDR teams to leverage and setup sales people. Constantly juggling links for new people and struggling to include others when setting up meetings in their calendar.

laurabren
Contributor

I will forever be +1-ing this until it is implemented! BDRs are commonplace now....we need to be able to report on this! Perhaps there's two separate properties: 1) activity created by, and 2) activity owner/meeting lead?

STrotter
Participant

Our current workaround is to have our Sales Support Team book using the rep's meeting link, but it is sloppy.  

I also REALLY hope that this isnt pigeon-holed for the top tier subscriptions.  We are a standard account, and this should be basic enough to be included.  

ŁSawrasewicz
Participant

It is highly important to be able add additional user when you log a meeting or scheduling a meeting. 

Adding only contacts isn't solution. Without adding additional user to the activities we need to report the same activity multiple time by multiple useres.

HHunt1

Definitely need this in our company. Have only just found this thread, but seems like it's been in planning for a very long time?

TMaskell

This would definitely be a great addition

moc1996

Has there been any progress on this?  The last update I see is November. 

MBotfield

This is a basic functionality for any sales tool, lets get this ASAP Hubspot.