HubSpot Ideas

Sara

Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user from contact record

Firstly, not to have to add an existing hubspot user as a contact to be able to add them.

Secodly, not adding the person who sets up the meeting as an attendee because they simply create meetings for other users and don't have to be invited to the meeting

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
October 20, 2023 08:05 AM

I'm happy to share that after some time in beta, this functionality went live to all in July this year! You can now book meetings on behalf of others from any CRM record for users with a Sales Hub or Service Hub Pro+ seat. You all had been asking for this for a long time and I appreciate your patience.

In Planning
November 09, 2021 12:12 PM

Hi Community,

Sharing an update with you all to let you know that we've been following this closely the last several months and have begun to plan out a series of changes to the scheduling experience from a CRM record that would allow users to schedule meetings on behalf of other users, and more. For now, I'll share these concepts to show you how this might look. Details are subject to change based on technical limitations and feedback, but in summary we plan to include the following functionality in this experience: 

• Schedule a meeting on behalf of another user
  • Reference availability for yourself or other users
  • Set and view location of meeting events from a CRM record (including Microsoft Teams)
  • Create custom outcomes for meeting events

One-off_scheduling__reduced_size_.pngOne-off_scheduling__expanded_.pngtimeline_event_details.png

Being Reviewed
September 19, 2021 03:16 PM

Hi Community,

We are planning to prioritize some updates to scheduling from a contact record, which includes a solution that would resolve this issue.

Here are some details about current work which will influence our team's timing and ability to begin working on this solution:

The team is currently working on 2 projects:

1. The ability to insert specific, clickable times into emails
  2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

We then plan to pick up this project once the above 2 projects are out. This will likely happen later in Q4 or early next year. 

The solution we have in mind is currently being evaluated and reviewed internally, but we hope to make some changes to the scheduling experience on the contact record to:

- allow users to schedule on behalf of other users

- allow users in invite other users to meeting scheduled

- provide the ability to view calendar availability while scheduling from a contact record

Thanks everyone for sharing your feedback and comments on your use-cases how you'd like this solution to work!

Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:47 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. Adding users  to a meeting invite, or removing yourself, is important to any sales teams structured with a SDR/BDR to Account manager handoff.  We are evaluating this closely, I will provide an update here once we are able to review this for planning.

Best,

Glen

Best,

Glen

Idea Submitted
September 20, 2017 09:06 AM

Re: Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user - changed to: Needs Detail
July 28, 2017 12:51 PM

171 Replies
i2

1+ this feature would be really important to our team.

slepoidevin
Contributor

@nickmellor I use a different workaround from @vesnastefanovic because when I have the SDR book the meeting for the AE, they use a round robin link. So, the "assigned to" is the AE, not the SDR.

My workaround for SDR reporting is that I create a unique Meeting Type for each SDR, for example: "Pre-Qualification - SDR 1" "Pre-Qualification - SDR 2" etc. Each SDR uses a round robin meeting link to book their meetings for AEs (either in email or incognito if on the phone), so the meeting link automatically sets the correct meeting type.

The issue I am having is that when the SDR uses the Round Robin link:

• The meeting will automatically be set with the AE and not the SDR, so then the SDR needs to have the AE add them manually to the calendar invite (which is a pain)
  • Also, it is possible for the SDR to get double-booked
  • It's also not a great user experience. If an SDR, let's call her "Emily" is emailing back and forth with someone and that person books with an AE, let's call her "Allison" then the prospect is confused why they are suddenly now meeting with someone else

I posted this as a separate idea here but wanted to see if anyone on this thread had any advice.

RudyS

3 years laters it has not been implemented...

Ben7
Contributor

Please can this be escalated. 

• who booked the meeting (SDR)
  • who it was scheduled for (AE)
  • date the meeting was booked by SDR
  • date the meeting was scheduled to perform by AE
  • whether the meeting was performed or not
NCO
Top Contributor

@glencornell 
Any chance this is something that's even close to being on the team's radar?

Would be immensely helpful and doesn't feel like it should be that complicated to implement. As of right now, we're able to include Hubspot users on emails being sent from within the Hubspot portal - but we can't include those same users on meeting invites.

If nothing else, I'd be curious to hear what the logic is behind it?

Thanks,

Noah

Benatt
Participant

Also interested on the update on this. 

SPu

We would also need this feature, I think this is a common task in many organisations. Please add this, thank you

BigDaddyBear
Participant

We are having exactly the same issues. Our team are tracked on meetings, but many of them are missing out because of this problem.

We have created each user as a contact in the CRM, so we can mark them as attendees, but this action is redundant when reporting on the activities of users! 

DKohler

I have a temporary solution that might help!

Hey everyone, I am having the same issue that you all are experiencing. However, with a few tricks - I have found a solution (hopefully not long-term) to work around not being able to transfer meetings.

Read below: 

1. If the person you plan on transferring the meeting to is not a HB user, create a contact record with their name, business email, phone, etc. IF they are already a Hubspot user move to the next step. 

2. Start by creating the meeting (title, date, and time etc.) when you get to the "attendees" section, search for the contact you plan on transferring the meeting too. HubSpot users don't show up by their name for some odd reason. BUT they show up by email, so type in their business email and add them as an attendee. If the business email is google based, this will automatically create a google calendar invite for both parties. 

3. If you plan on using a video call, have your sales rep's personal meeting link in a document on hand and copy that over into the notes section of the invite. If the meeting is a phone call, use the same process. 

That wraps up the HubSpot side of things. The transferring agent doesn't have to get onto the meeting and you could technically say this is a transfer. But in no way is this a viable solution.

The rest of the steps is what I use to transfer the meeting on Google Calendar:

4. Once the meeting has been created, go to your google calendar and click transfer ownership. 

5. Transfer the meeting to the specified representative, remove yourself from the calendar event, and you're good to go. 

Hopefully, HubSpot will figure out how to transfer events soon because this process is extremely inefficient....

Good luck to you all! 

michaelpalmer
Contributor | Partner

Can we get an update on this?

Essentially we need to have a combination of a meeting link (So we can see availabilty) and just simplicity of clicking to book a meeting.

busdav
Participant

This is absolutely necessary! Most meetings that we do have more than one employee in it, and employees are definitely nothing to mix with leads. 

busdav
Participant

This is absolutely necessary! Most meetings that we do have more than one employee in it, and employees are definitely nothing to mix with leads. 

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

@glencornell 9 months you said you were not planning to deliver that within the coming quarter.

• Now that 9 months has passed, can we please revise this?
  • Also, what does mean "Not currently planned"? I can see multiple possible meaning and setting this idea to "Not currently planned" because you don't think it will be delivered within the quarter sound confusing. Does it mean "No date yet"? Or "Outside product roadmap, unlikely to ever be released"? Or "Not planned for this quarter"? If it's the last one, it must be revised everyquarter.
Igna

This feature is a must for any sales team. Please give it the priority it deserves. Thank you so much.

FlywheelK
Participant | Elite Partner

Huge opportunity for a Business Development or even Receptionist role to have a "booked" and "shown" appointments metric without having to attend or HOST each meeting. 

mcannizzo
Participant | Elite Partner

We have multiple clients who need this very badly. 

They need to be able to report on meetings a BDR/SDR has scheduled for an AE. This seems as simple as being able to add multiple users to a meeting.

Or to be able to configure engagements like other objects so we can add a field that would solve this.

KPrenty

It is vital for our company to be able to report on activities by HubSpot user. There are ferequent instances where we have a single meeting with a client with input from multiple Sales team members. When reporting on activities - it is only possible to report on 'Assigned to' yet the meeting is only assigned to one user. 

SWu

Our company needs this feature too! Please consider planning this into the next update. Thank you!

NCO
Top Contributor

A big fail on Hubspot's end letting this feature slip.

JStanlake
Member | Platinum Partner

We definitely need this functionality. It does seem a little crazy that one person can't book a meeting on behalf of someone else when this tool is pitched at selling and therefore sales reps/teams.

Any workarounds people are using? The most common seems to be to use the sales rep's meeting link (external to HubSpot) and put in the prospect's details that way. But you can't add multiple internal contacts...