HubSpot Ideas

Sara

Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user from contact record

Firstly, not to have to add an existing hubspot user as a contact to be able to add them.

Secodly, not adding the person who sets up the meeting as an attendee because they simply create meetings for other users and don't have to be invited to the meeting

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
October 20, 2023 08:05 AM

I'm happy to share that after some time in beta, this functionality went live to all in July this year! You can now book meetings on behalf of others from any CRM record for users with a Sales Hub or Service Hub Pro+ seat. You all had been asking for this for a long time and I appreciate your patience.

In Planning
November 09, 2021 12:12 PM

Hi Community,

Sharing an update with you all to let you know that we've been following this closely the last several months and have begun to plan out a series of changes to the scheduling experience from a CRM record that would allow users to schedule meetings on behalf of other users, and more. For now, I'll share these concepts to show you how this might look. Details are subject to change based on technical limitations and feedback, but in summary we plan to include the following functionality in this experience: 

• Schedule a meeting on behalf of another user
  • Reference availability for yourself or other users
  • Set and view location of meeting events from a CRM record (including Microsoft Teams)
  • Create custom outcomes for meeting events

One-off_scheduling__reduced_size_.pngOne-off_scheduling__expanded_.pngtimeline_event_details.png

Being Reviewed
September 19, 2021 03:16 PM

Hi Community,

We are planning to prioritize some updates to scheduling from a contact record, which includes a solution that would resolve this issue.

Here are some details about current work which will influence our team's timing and ability to begin working on this solution:

The team is currently working on 2 projects:

1. The ability to insert specific, clickable times into emails
  2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

We then plan to pick up this project once the above 2 projects are out. This will likely happen later in Q4 or early next year. 

The solution we have in mind is currently being evaluated and reviewed internally, but we hope to make some changes to the scheduling experience on the contact record to:

- allow users to schedule on behalf of other users

- allow users in invite other users to meeting scheduled

- provide the ability to view calendar availability while scheduling from a contact record

Thanks everyone for sharing your feedback and comments on your use-cases how you'd like this solution to work!

Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:47 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. Adding users  to a meeting invite, or removing yourself, is important to any sales teams structured with a SDR/BDR to Account manager handoff.  We are evaluating this closely, I will provide an update here once we are able to review this for planning.

Best,

Glen

Best,

Glen

Idea Submitted
September 20, 2017 09:06 AM

Re: Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user - changed to: Needs Detail
July 28, 2017 12:51 PM

171 Replies
hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

GLacroix
Contributor

You cannot schedule a meeting for someone else.  By way of example: A junior sales assistant setting a meeting for their boss.  

troelsfeodor
Top Contributor

This is something we really need.

Our sales workflow is that an SDR books a meeting for an AE. This is currently not possible and we have to find workarounds.

We would want to be able to report both on the number of meetings booked for a colleague as well as the number of meetings held that were booked by someone else.

Trevor
Contributor

Here here. Currently, there is no way to record and report a meeting that was scheduled regardless if it actually performed or not. What is needed is a permanent entry into the company/contact record providing the following details of the meeting:

• who booked the meeting (SDR)
  • who it was scheduled for (AE)
  • date the meeting was booked by SDR
  • date the meeting was scheduled to perform by AE
  • whether the meeting was performed or not

The crucial part is having an entry that persists regardless of whether the meeting was actually held. This will allow reporting on how many meetings were scheduled, how many were performed (and not performed), how many meetings it took to close the account. Currently, if the meeting doesn't perform, the calendar entry is removed from google calendar (this is a must) and it is removed from Hubspot via the google calendar integration.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

I agree,

We have a similar process. A Development Rep calls leads from specific sources and books appointments for the Sales Rep.

Should be able to add additional Hubspot users and remove yourself from the meetings.

Sara
Contributor

We also need a meeting location field linked with gcal and google maps since our process requires the meetings to be held at the client's house.

A check in location feature would also be very useful in meetings for supervision purposes.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

s0utherndandy
Participant

has this been implemented yet? 

JFT

this would be great

vesnastefanovic
Participant | Diamond Partner

Having just the same problems - SDRs vs SalesReps - Just creating meetings/having meeting.

Couldnt agree more with list that Trevor created:

Do we have any news on this?

ShawnC

I'm also in agreeance with the list Trevor created. I'll list it a third time just because.

What workaround is everyone else using currently? I don't know why, at the least, the ability to schedule for someone isn't already available, that makes no sense whatsoever.

There is the meetings app. I basically would love it we could have that app internally. If I can see my team members availability that they've set, then schedule a meeting with a contact with that team member, that would be perfect. It would really set this CRM apart from the others.

taylorfriss
Top Contributor

Yes yes yes yes.

PropertyPP

Hmmm. Why isn't this functionality available?

Scheduling an appointment for a sales person (but not for oneself) would seem a fairly common activity in sales organisations...

It seems this topic has been going for around 6 months so far with little contribution from Hubspot. I'm very new to this CRM and this feature would help me greatly!

bjenkinson

I would like to see this as well. If anyone has a workaround that works, I would love to hear about it.

tomdewalt
Participant

Same issue here.  Our BDRs qualify and then book appointments for the sales reps.  

elise108

Adding my support to this thread. I'm responsible for creating many meetings for others. Will have to log in and out of everyone's contacts for the system to reflect who is attending which meeting. Not the most time-efficient way of doing things.

Hubspot please review!

kelliott

Would also like to upvote this idea. Our company's SDRs qualify leads and then book demo meetings for the account executives. HubSpot's team-meeting links with round-robin availability kind of serve as a workaround but it's not ideal as it doesn't perfectly matchup with our internal processes. Having a one-step ability for HubSpot users to book individual meetings on behalf of other individual users would be much more convenient and time-effective.

Mibe22
Participant

Would also like to upvote this idea. Scheduling an appointment for a salesperson would seem a fairly common activity in sales organizations.

SauceBoss
Participant | Diamond Partner

YES! I'm working with an existing HS Marketing client to sell them on the Sales Hub and the one hang up they have is the inability to allow their CSR's to schedule appointments for the sales reps through the contact record. I'm sure I can create a workaround but it sure would be nice to have that functionality at their fingertips... because the CRM I'm trying to get them to switch from has it. 

We also would like to use this functionality within our agency. Currently, if a team member needs to schedule an appointment on my behalf, they have to use a meeting link outside of the CRM in the bookmarks on their browser. 😕

Please give us this functionality. Smiley Sad

Roeebd

Upvoting for this Idea.