HubSpot Ideas

Sara

Schedule a meeting for another hubspot user from contact record

Firstly, not to have to add an existing hubspot user as a contact to be able to add them.

Secodly, not adding the person who sets up the meeting as an attendee because they simply create meetings for other users and don't have to be invited to the meeting

171 Replies
michaelpalmer
Contributor | Partner

We've been using the reps meeting link with Incognito so that tracking is not present. That is the only way we've been able to figure it out for now.

bunse
Participant

Definitely need this in place. Found out the other week that much of our data for 1st meetings booked and attended are not correct thanks to this.

This is a must for any modern sales organisation. Give this functionality the priority it deserves. And please let me know if this becomes a beta.

anasaldib
Participant

This is really mandatory for any sales process.

JHagège

+1

It's a mess to have to create contacts for internal users to be able to track this

arthurhalevy
Participant

We desperatelly need this. Any updates on the pipeline? Hopefully in the upcoming release??

tracytung

Yes, please.  We also need this very badly. 

Saulreal
Participant

Any news on this update? 

We also have the added complexity that we have a New business team that book meetings but may not attend, we'd want to see reports for the meetings they've booked and for our reps the meetings that they sat.  Would this be possible? 

NStedman

Please add this functionality. I like the feedback from another user from like 2018 that suggested we simply have the meeting scheduling tool, but internally. Being able to schedule meetings for others across a team is an incredibly important and common need for modern sales teams. 

jcmakinen

This would be an extremely good case for easing the activity monitoring and getting rid of double logging meetings and thus cluttering the data with unnecessary meetings just for the sake of reporting!

DarlaM
Participant

Just adding to this, I think it is a super important addition! Just as we can associate meetings to various objects, we should be able to associate it to users so they get credit. We run into this issue a lot as multiple sales reps are on meetings. We had a way of doing this in salesforce and now in hubspot we are a little stuck. Hoping this gets added soon!!

Jayborn
Member | Platinum Partner

Any updates on this? This issue is going to cause us to reevaluate the software. 

RGrimbergen
Participant

How is it possible that this still not a feature?

In may 2017 you guys said ''For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. Adding users  to a meeting invite, or removing yourself, is important to any sales teams structured with a SDR/BDR to Account manager handoff.  We are evaluating this closely, I will provide an update here once we are able to review this for planning''

You were talking about not able the next quarter, we are three years later!!!

Come on guys. You can do better than this.

MelodyAlter
Participant

I totally agree. In many situations, we have meeting with several Hubspot users and for the moment, we must create contact for each Hubspot user in order to link them all together. This feature should be mandatory. May we hope to have this feature in the near future?

gabherrera
Participant

Commenting to follow, also looking for an update.

SPu

We are also waiting for this feature, this is essential for every sales company with a front office or something like this.

ChrisBabelquest
Contributor | Elite Partner

Just adding to this one, I've had several requests from clients for adding this functionality - the ability to schdule a meeting for someone else directly from the contact record would be an excellent addition to HubSpot. Appreciate there are some workarounds but they are messy. 

Use case - SDR sets a meeting for one of their AEs

FPastorelli
Participant

This has been going for 4 years, and its quite simple and crucial feature! Any updates? 

Did anyone find a hack to make this work? 

Jayborn
Member | Platinum Partner

@FPastorelli The closest I could come to a hack was to use the Gcal sync in the other direction. Adding a gcal event with a client email and the correct sales agent email will update the contact record with an activity. You can create automation off of this activity. In Gmail - you can set other people to be owners of your calendar so they can add, remove, and move calendar events as needed. This does however replace the native scheduling feature. So while it provides some solutions, it's really not a full on solution. 

michaelpalmer
Contributor | Partner

@FPastorelli we've been using the calendar in an incognito browser and completing it as if we are the prospect or customer to find a spot that works for the rep. It is not ideal however it has been working.

MarceloC

We also need this feature.

Furthermore, if there are 3 attendees from our company, each attendee should receive an "attendance credit" towards their meeting count. This could be a separate metric from the # of meetings logged - i.e. # of meetings per attendee, with an internal contact filter.