HubSpot Ideas

laurenleulu

Schedule Threaded Tweets

Wouldn't it be great for marketers to be able to schedule threaded Tweets from HubSpot? Often, I'm given insightful posts from our SMEs that are too long for Twitter's character limit, but they have so much great information, I don't want to take anything out. I've found success with posting the threaded Tweets directly from Twitter, but then I lose out on using HubSpot to schedule these Tweets. As far as I can tell from my Google research, Buffer and Hootsuite don't do this yet, so HubSpot adding this as a feature would be a big plus!

44 Replies
ACharpin
Participant | Diamond Partner

From 2018 to 2022, it still a great idea to have it!!

SLane0
Participant

@JoeMayall any update on this since it's been over a year since the last hubspot update?

ZChoong

@JoeMayall any updates on this? real needing on this!

MPugsley1

This would be incredibly helpful for scheduling social media post! Any update on when this feature will be enabled? 

HMoller

Would really benefit from this - it's frustrating to have to toggle between platforms. 

amandajeffsnz
Member | Diamond Partner

Twitter threads do get good engagement and are a great way of sharing longer, interesting, complex info on twitter. Is a function I advocate for adding! Shame the API doesn't allow it, but understand. But you should be able to tweet from multiple accounts at least. 

serserser

This is an essential feature that severely restrics Hubspot's social tools usefulness.

The API limitations are not an excuse when most competing social media management tools somehow are perfectly capable of scheduling threaded tweets with no issues. 

JDeacon

I've seen other social media schedulings tools do this - could definitely be done and would be very helpful!

BIK

@JoeMayall  @hubspot Any updates on this? It is essential for twitter-centric brands & communications

camilajcha
Member | Diamond Partner

Twitter threads are something imperative. Please @hubspot , we need this implementation, would save a lot of time and improve the social hub so much.

TWillert

Same

NSimonBerlin

Unsure whether I just missed it, but is it really the case that I can't publish a Twitter thread via Hubspot? I mean, given the state Twitter is in, it doesn't make sense to program something in three months when Twitter will be dead in three weeks, but until then I'd love to be able to publish a few threads. 

NurhazirahYunus

Having feature available for us to scheduling a Twitter Thread would be benefial for all. I thought HubSpot would have this feature ready, feel a bit down to bounce to another platform for this. 

aaronsydecar
Participant

long-form content on twitter is becoming more and more important for brand strategy - Typefully can do this, it makes no sense for other schedulers to not support this

Sukanshi

Hello @hubspot team,

I was exploring the platform and I am curious to know if you are already working on or have plans to release this feature anytime soon.

Publishing Twitter threads directly from Hubspot will add more value in terms of:

- Scheduling Twitter posts as per the social media marketing schedule

- Monitoring how the posts performed (as I see that Hubspot does not track external posts as much as the ones posted from Hubspot source)

Let me know your plans for coming out with this feature.

Thanks!

Carlos-Teiko

@JoeMayall it seems Twitter now allows scheduled threading of tweets as Buffer just announced this functionality: https://buffer.com/resources/twitter-threads-buffer/

Is this something the Product team can re-evaluate to try and get on the roadmap for 2023?

JYalcinkaya

This is a must have feature now hubspot... This creates a huge problem for campaigns and engagement. Threads are one of our most interacted forms of posts on Twitter, and the fact that we cannot leverage them effectively in Campaigns (as we cannot create the thread from within hubspot) really hinders the success of our campaigns, and also our ability to track the impact from the threads (that by the way, link to CTA's at the end, that need to be measurable). 

You cannot have a Twitter, or any social media posting function for that matter, without developing the different ways in which the platform allows you to post engaging content - such as threads in this example.

PLEASE sort this out !

Curatolo

How many times does this need to be upvoted? Can I upvote it 100 times? 

Dear Hubspot Product Team - If you read the messages in this thread, you will see that your excuse of blaming the restrictions on the twitter API is ONLY PART OF THE PROBLEM.

The biggest part of this problem is with the hubspot product itself, which does not allow users to add tweets to campaigns unless they are scheduled through hubspot! 

Also does not allow you to do ANY analysis on the tweets within hubspot unless they are scheduled through hubspot. Which, we all know is NOT a restriction of the twitter api- but rather a fault in the hubspot product. 

Please revisit this ASAP. 

SPerformance

Posting twitter threads is a huge part of our content strategy on twitter, being able to post threads + posts so we can use Hubspot for ALL tweets would be awesome. 

MDine

This would be really helpful for content scheduling! Any update on this @hubspot ?