HubSpot Ideas

jenniferlim

Save email draft in CRM

It would be great if HubSpot would allow me to save a draft of my email in the CRM.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
February 21, 2024 03:14 PM

Hi all! The messages are reaching me! Apologies for not posting an update sooner. I'm putting this into Being Reviewed because it is a project I am hoping we can get to later this year. I can't make any promises right now though.

Reading through the comments, it looks like there are a few different ideas represented here, falling into two main categories:

1. The ability to intentionally save an email in a Draft state because you're still workshopping the content, reviewing with colleagues, etc., and want to revisit it later.
  2. An autosave functionality in the email communicator that reloads the content previously there if there is a glitch or you accidentally refresh your browser, etc.

It will likely take a few different teams to accomplish these different asks. If we're able to work on one and not the other, I will clarify that here and create a separate idea to track, if necessary. UPDATE: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Autosave-draft-emails/idc-p/926848 was put on my radar as a related post. Let's use that one to track if 2 is your use case, and this will be for 1!

Not Currently Planned
March 19, 2021 04:53 PM

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for your comments and engagements on this thread. We take your feedback very seriously and have been tracking the popularity of this request. We don't currently have the bandwidth to tackle this work right now, so I'm updating the status of this idea to reflect that. Apologies that it's not better news, but I will be back here with an update if and when we are able to move forward with this!

87 Replies
apexpred
Contributor

Yep, got the same issue here, although I use Gmail extension but sometimes I need to compose emails from CRM as it's simpler. But then you're at the risk of losing the email draft. 

But I also found that if you type in an email then go to another tab in the CRM UI (such as Note or Schedule) and you close the page and come back, you can still see the unsent email there, Not sure however if this lasts until after you end the Chrome session...

tomer
Participant

My use case:

Sometimes it might take a while to compose an email to a potential customer (as it contains technical information that is collected and summarized for a few days).

Therefore, we have a need to start an email and edit it several times for a few days before sending it. Therefore, a draft capability will be great to have (same as in Gmail).

Looking forward to having this feature, thank you!

JaniceP
Participant

This would help us streamline our processes such as:

a.  Significantly improve proper timing of email communciation with our prospects and  customer base

b.  Creates higher efficiency with our workload that contains multiple responsibilities.  Also, I work out of multiple accounts throughout the day and need less 'steps' to continue to provide the highest level of professionalism in today's fast-pace environment.

c.  This flexibility for 'drafting' an email while waiting for another team mate, outside source, etc.  will help us provide the information needed so we can properly repond to a prospect or customer.   

Sure would appreciate the same draft capabilities as others (Outlook, etc).  The sooner the better for our organization.

Thank you!

wiktorwarych

I agree, have the same issue

olivialaux
Participant

The ability to 'save as draft' would be so helpful! 

RHatomize
Participant

Yes, I need this too.  I find that I begin to type an email, get interrupted or need to leave hubspot for awhile and when I come back I would like to resume that draft.  If I could just click a 'my drafts' button and see all of the drafts I have been working on, that would be ideal.

Thanks.

ramonsouza

É extremamente necessário ter a funcionalidade de salvar automaticamente o e-mail igual o Gmail por exemplo. Em várias vezes perco todo o conteúdo que eu digitei pois o sistema não tem a opção de Rascunho.

RFS

I fully support this idea of having the ability to save a draft version of an email when creating it in Hubspot.  Yesterday, I was in the midst of a lengthy email, wanted to check on a customer name in another section of Hubspot and lost the entire email without warning.  

Kenny05

A couple of weeks ago I clicked a link in the reply thread timeline above my email draft. It took me away from the page and I lost my draft, was FURIOUS, and let customer support know.

Since then drafts for NEW MESSAGES we compose are saved, and links in the timeline open in new tabs which just makes sense. Shoutout to HS Support though for pushing through the above 2 helpful updates in short order. No longer furious customer 🙂 

*Be advised, drafts in replies are still not yet saved.  

JessicaMac
Participant

Definitely supportive of the idea for a draft in reply autosave feature! It has happened to multiple people on my team (now that we are working toward getting them to email solely out of hubspot) where they drafted an email, had something else come up and left the page, then come back and their email was gone. 

Our feeling is that this should work just like an email provider and autosave drafts/changes.

souravghosh

Just lost a long valuable Email draft. I am really surprised how this feature is still not available even after getting requests for this for quite a few years. 

The whole point of using Hubspot Team Inbox is that all team members use Hubspot interface to manage Emails instead of opening Gmail etc. Without an auto-save draft feature, it's quite a mess. 

rmeredith

Supporting drafts within HubSpot is basic functionality that is sorely lacking.

Our team has encountered this issue multiple painful times where emails are being created over the course of hours, only to have the content lost because the browser decided to refresh the tab, or the user clicked to another page in HubSpot to gather additional details, etc.

Our use case involves sending the emails from Deals or Tickets, so relying on the Gmail tracking plugin introduces the need to manually go and open the contact, find the email, and associate the sent email with the Deal or Ticket after the fact. It shouldn't be that hard.

For a product that comes across as really well thought out, and is such a pleasure to use - this omission leaves a gaping hole. 

Come on team - add drafts support for emails!

Ironically, as I type this comment, I get a notification above what I'm typing telling me: "Reply to idea - Autosaved at 04:19"

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound...

ThatGuy
Participant

Lost my drafts a few times occasionally, would like to see this feature. 

MCV

Totally agree that saving a draft should be available as a basic feature directly in the CRM! 

The whole point of using Hubspot is to have everything at the same place, so sending emails from gmail would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?...

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this for my customer who had navigated away from the page and lost his email draft! We need a draft feature not just for page refreshes, but to save drafts regardless of the page actions.

MasterEales
Participant

Yes we need this, moving from away from Zendesk I would have thought this would have been standard.

arielowens
Participant

Our team uses the draft feature if one of our team members needs another member to look over the email before we send it. At this time since this feature is not offered we are using the comment option to put the email in and mentioning the team memeber we need to review it. It would be great if Hupspot could add the save draft features in the future.

Pierrot

Any update on this?

How can such a big CRM tool such as HubSpot not have such a basic feature as this one? It is so frustrating when you lose a very long email draft which was not saved automatically...

CLindner
Participant

I would like to have the possibility to set sales Emails in a draft status, so I can share and show this with my collegues. Also, if I would like to send it later, I would like to re-edit this draft later.

Thanks for taking this into consideration soon 🙂

Christine

pjjptrh

I totally agree.  It is very frustrating to not have this capability.  Often one needs to save an email while waiting for an attachment or other information.  I hope this is addressed ASAP.