HubSpot Ideas

jenniferlim

Save email draft in CRM

It would be great if HubSpot would allow me to save a draft of my email in the CRM.

87 Replies
LLynam
Participant

Causing issues all the time with multiple users reporting they are losing long emails and notes and creating frustration with HubSpot. Its actually making adoption really hard for us as its a basic requirement that users expect to come as standard in 2022

WillHS

this is clearly a necessary feature that most other CRMs have...

SheaThompson

I just spent an hour this morning drafting a response.. only to find out that hubspot doesn't save drafts. Came back a few hours later and it was gone.

This is VERY upsetting. You would think the largest CRM on the planet would have better functionality for marketers.

SheaThompson

I actually just noticed... these messages... for these comments... EVEN HAVE AUTOSAVE. What gives? You put autosave functionality on the complaints against you, but not the emails in your CRM software? ... LOL

Averyg
HubSpot Employee

This would be a really useful feature for sales teams.
Use case: Teams who need approval before sending emails, they will be able to save an email on a record as a draft instead of saving externally/as a note and having to go through multiple steps to then craft it as an email within HubSpot. 

JDale

People in our group have lost more than a few emails due to the tab getting closed etc. Retaining drafts would be highly appreciated.

TMayton

This BUG is a huge issue. How can this be reported nearly 5 years ago and still be an unplanned fix? This is unacceptable HubSpot. Conducting business mostly via email requires the ability to save DRAFTS! I assume you (HS) use your own system and have experienced this as well? Not hard to replicate....Look forward to the fix in 2023. Thanks!

MGuidi34

The internal email feature overall should be a big point of development, in addtion to saving drafts. 

sarahdecarlo
Participant

Not only should this be available, but drafts should autosave! Just like everything else in HubSpot... our Support emails often take several rounds of technical input to put together. That is impossible right now without a draft feature. And even for simple responses, people can lose Internet connection/accidentally close a window/any number of things can happen. Email drafts in the CRM and in Conversations Inbox should autosave.

drewshepard

Situation: Composing an email under a contact. Need to stop to do some other work. (Noticed this has issue has 190 upvotes over a number of years)

Experienced: The email can inadvertantly be lost

Expected: The email should be autosaved. Or at the least be able to be saved manually.   

To further make my point, "Your content was last auto-saved at 2:49 PM" is at the bottom of this comment / bug report.  Even this has an auto save and it is not nearly as important as an email that could have taken an hour to write.

Suggestion: to ensure the email is not forgotten the system should automatically set up a task to remind the writer that the draft email has not be sent.

This would seem to be such an easy change to make......why does it take so long?  Hope it is OK that I will copy this to the PM of this product on LinkedIn

fredericoroldao

Hi. When I forward a message I see 3 dots on the bottom but when I hover over them a message says "the contents on this section cannot be edited". When I reply to a message I don't see the 3 dots nor the original message. Doesn't it make sense to be able to see the original messages just like in any email program, to get context, without having to open an extra tab just to see them?

Also, when creating an email and stopping midway, if I close it why I am I not able to see the draft a while later?

lisa_karlen
Member | Platinum Partner

I do not know if this feature is covered somewhere else as this thread is old, but still this is a feature our users are asking us about alot! 

MShields2

NEED!

egodfrey

We need this as well, our team is having to save drafts as documents to make sure they don't lose their work.

Geardryerguy

A "Back Arrow" and "Forward Arrow" akin to the Microsoft feature being available when composing emails would be of immense value.

I just spent 35 minutes drafting a complicated email. I attempted to copy it via the mouse and somehow deleted the email. There is no available tool or feature to recover that email that I'm aware of. 

This is far from the first time I have had this problem occur.

When I write an extremely complicated email, I write it in Word to have the Back and Forward Arrows available for editing.

LillianLiu31

It is crucial to automatically save email drafts not only in the email function, but also when using "reply all," "reply," and "forward". I frequently respond to my customers, but yesterday, while using HubSpot to do so, I unfortunately lost my entire email because I was checking for additional information in the notes. It's important to prioritize the implementation of auto-saving functionality to prevent such incidents and ensure a seamless user experience.

razr

During high-volume situations, we may need to juggle some key tickets simultaneously and prioritize accordingly. Sometimes, we draft up an email and get a call right away. The potential to lose unsaved work is too great. This feature would help mitigate this, so this has my vote. 

SGARRIER

hello hubspot team! Is there anybody out there ??? When can you just add simple fonctionnality for growing your service 😕 Best wishes !!!

MPacy

It felt like an absolute fundamental requisite of any system that sends emails, to be able to save them in draft before sending.  As a new subscriber, we might have considered looking at other tools if we'd realised this wasn't possible.  I'm shocked that considering how long users have complained about this feature being missing, the issue still exists.  We need this feature now, so will need to see what workarounds we can come up with to resolve this basic requirement.

crazy that Hubspot still does not have this basic feature