HubSpot Ideas

basil

Save drafts in Conversation Inboxes

If you work in a conversations inbox, and start to write a message, but then go to another hubspot page and come back, you loose the message.

This does not happen if you draft emails on ticket pages. Would be super useful if that also works in conversations inboxes.

8 Replies
EddaTh
Participant

My team has this problem as well. It actually used to autosave what you wrote in a reply in conversations and if you clicked another conversation and then came back to the one you were writing in, the message you already wrote was not lost. Now we loose everything if we click somewhere else. Both in conversations and when replying to emails directly from the contact platform. 

mfreiert
HubSpot Product Team

We've updated behavior in Conversations to support drafts when you start replying to a conversation, exit that conversation (either to look at another conversation or leave Inbox entirely) and return to the thread!

EddaTh
Participant

Thank you ! 😄 

much appreciated ! 

omonk_

Hi @mfreiert  👋

We've created an inbox to deal with support tickets, any new email creates a ticket. Would be great to have this draft functionality added to the tickets view as well!

Thanks

Ollie

carmenw
Participant

Hi, new to HubSpot and stumbled acrossed this thread as I'm dealing with the same issue. My team are constantly needing to leave an email half composed to respond to a live chat or change the page but the email draft is not saving when the message is composed in the "Expand email editor" pop up. Is there a solution to this?

alguil
Participant

@mfreiert would it be possible for others advisors to be able to watch the draft of their colleagues  (the draft being automatically displayed after a certain amount of time ) ?

Use case :

- an advisor starts to answer a conversation, is disrupted by a phone call and leaves the message unanswered

- another advisor opens the same conversation but cannot tell if a reply is already in progress, so that he would leave the message to the initial advisor

ishields1
Participant

I agree. Having drafts be cross device and team member would be very helpful.  

AlaynaNelson

Hi @mfreiert - this is a good start, but I think people are hoping to be able to save  multiple drafts in a draft folder like you can in Gmail or Outlook. Only having it save the one you've been working on doesn't work if you need to draft multiple replies - and since you can't schedule send from the conversations inbox, it would be nice to be able to save multiple drafts. Should I create this as a new idea or is this an update we could see soon under this same idea's umbrella?