HubSpot Ideas

corrivj

Sandbox

What I would like to see is the ability to copy my entire HubSpot environment from a production to a sandbox environment.  It would also be helpful if there was a way to move changes from HubSpot Sandbox to HubSpot Production.

We have data synchronizaiton processes between HubSpot and D365 which we should be able to test against a copy of our HubSpot production data but in a non production environment.

We require our Marketing group to create all workflows in Sandbox and test before 'moving' to production.  Currently, the only way to 'move' to production is to recreate the workflow in production which defeats the purpose of creating/testing in Sandbox.  There should be an export/import process for most component of HubSpot, workflows, fields, picklist values, lists/list filters, and so on.

Thanks,

Jim  

61 Kommentare
EHooijer
Teilnehmer/-in

Definite need to copy over Business Units to Sandbox environment in order to see the effect of changes in that department!

AndrewinKC
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Would love to have the ability to replicate specific (or all) pages, modules, and assets to our sandbox. Having to recreate this from scratch in the sandbox is a pain.

CBaylor
Mitglied

It would be great if we could sync/copy pages and HubDB tables/records from production to the sandbox. We utilize the HubDB for many modules throughout our site, so it would be nice to have a sandbox to use for development rather than interfering with the production database.

JPedler
Teilnehmer/-in

At a minimum - can you change the Sandbox DB to allow UIDs (Company ID, Contact ID, Deal ID) to be inserted so that we can specify the value and replicate the relationships we have in Production.  I am shocked that no one from HubSpot has chimed in on this issue.  Having a sandbox but no way to populate with a copy of Production data renders is almost useless and your customers should have to pay $500 for a tool to do a one-time migration.  

johnelmer
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner

@EHooijer A third party solution is now available -- the HubSpot Sandbox Migrator.  This app provides a comprehensive solution for migrating CRM data from your HubSpot production environment into a sandbox.

The HubSpot Sandbox Migrator tool updates the destination sandbox so that it does not create duplicate contacts and minimizes the amount of duplicate data elsewhere. This app offers unlimited and concurrent runs from a production portal to a sandbox and the tables being migrated can be customized. The default tables being synchronized are:

– Owners

– Custom Properties for all Objects
– Tickets
– Deals
– Line Items/Products
– Contacts (Limited to 100k due to HubSpot limitations)
– Companies
– Files/Attachments
– Lists
– Associations between all records
– Engagements (Meetings, tasks, Notes, Calls, emails)

The service uses (SSL/TLS) encryption at all times while data is “in transit” to and from HubSpot, so the data remains secure. The app does not store any of data aside from the secure tokens required to migrate your HubSpot data. Those tokens are destroyed after the migration is completed. In addition, this application is GDPR Compliant and hosted in the EU.

Documentation explaining how the tool works is available here: https://support.datawarehouse.io/hc/en-us/articles/4402190492051

samanthamarone
Mitglied

This is absolutely neccessary to implement. While it's nice to be able to test in the sandbox, you run this risk of making an error when manually recreating work in the production environment. We should be able to move work from the sandbox to production via changesets. 

GGonzal23
Teilnehmer/-in

We need the ability to implement changes to our CRM without impacting our production data, especially with how many departments are leveraging the product. We need to test changes in a non-production environment to avoid negatively impacting our data. The sandbox feature needs further development for us to follow best business practices and govern the data, PLEASE.

GSingh85
Mitglied

Absolutely need this as we continue to try and test in Sandbox environs it takes more time to run it again in production. Please get a push to Production from sandbox going. 

twengler
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

IF  you are a HubSpot customer (not a partner), Donate $50 to my local area foodback and I will push what I can from Test to Production

- all custom fields will push over at least

- you must then add them to the record views manually

- this takes 3 minutes and is done via zoom

Tom

We wrote a custom program to do this

write back - tomw@convergence-crm.com   

bmoalli
Teilnehmer/-in

Hey Tom W, sounds great but I'm thinking I still need to have a 2nd HS Licensed org in order for you to copy into, does that sound right?

Thanks Bob Moalli.  

twengler
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

Hi Bob, it's much easier than you might think to get this done (and free)   Please email me.   tomw@convergence-crm.com  (HubSpot Partner)

EMpunga
Mitglied | Platinum Partner

It will really be helpful if the Sandbox synching options can replicate the production account. Synching only 5000 and doing the rest manually is not helpful at all, especially if you are helping the client with a lot of contacts.

CHumphries7
Mitglied

It seems silly that this isnt an option so far, please can you roll this out asap. 

bohoirup
Teilnehmer/-in

Could not agree more! 

The sandbox enviroment is not even close to beeing a replica of the production enviroment and a lot of data, flows, custom forms/events etc. is not transfered to the sandbox env. 

Why is it not possible to create an exact replica of production enviroment, this is so needed for better testing and error handling 

AndrewinKC
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende
Couldn't agree more!!!!

My main area of interest at this point is for web stuff. But I do remember having to manually rebuild a lot of workflows in sandboxes.

Rachel_KL
Teilnehmer/-in

5+ years that this feature request has been sitting here. PLEASE make it easy for us to clone our production environment into a sandbox so we can use it to thoroughly test out integrations and data syncing. 

TXu5
Mitglied

This feature would be very helpful, currently working on a rebuild CRM project using sandbox, and it'd super if I can just make the switch and make sandbox account the production account. While the HubSpot Sandbox Migrator is helpful copying data points over i.e contact, company deals, but it doesn't copy over the workflows and sequences, which are more important stuff. 

Mitglied

This really should be as easy as the click of a button!  I spent forever creating a playbook in the sandbox with lots of field updating and now I have to recreate it.  😭

MBridgers
Teilnehmer/-in

Hubspot, WHY is this not standard functionality??

MWilk
Mitglied

I am in utter disbelief that this feature does not exist. Stop calling it a sandbox. It is a deceiving practice.