HubSpot Ideas

corrivj

Sandbox

What I would like to see is the ability to copy my entire HubSpot environment from a production to a sandbox environment.  It would also be helpful if there was a way to move changes from HubSpot Sandbox to HubSpot Production.

We have data synchronizaiton processes between HubSpot and D365 which we should be able to test against a copy of our HubSpot production data but in a non production environment.

We require our Marketing group to create all workflows in Sandbox and test before 'moving' to production.  Currently, the only way to 'move' to production is to recreate the workflow in production which defeats the purpose of creating/testing in Sandbox.  There should be an export/import process for most component of HubSpot, workflows, fields, picklist values, lists/list filters, and so on.

Thanks,

Jim  

60 Replies
ToddSail

We ABSOLUTELY need a sandbox to test new workflows, automations etc.

WWT-Elisa

Would ideally like to see the ability to clone Workflows & Forms over to production at that level rather than sync between the two as not everything is in the Sandbox!

amanda-robo
Participant

This is a must have when so many integrations and apps can drastically change the data/set up of your system. Definitely shouldn't be "testing" integrations on our live accounts. Please make this possible!

nweeks

Don't know how this isn't already a feature as main competitors already do this. Very frustrating! Need this!

TBalderrama
Contributor

On top of this being great for developers, this is really integral to training up new employees and being able to practice in a test environment, with leads, full sales to deal sequencing, etc. Onboarding is severly slowed down by relying on programmers/admins trying to piece together a training that is completely outside.

GWebb2
Participant | Elite Partner

I'm currently working with a client to create and test a lot of custom stuff in their sandbox, I'm dreading the thought of having to recreate it all in production - it would be great if you could copy custom objects, properties pipelines and workflows across to the production instance.

lukemyszka1

Considering the recent launch of sandbox environments at scale, there needs to be a way to actually deploy QA'd sandbox changes to production.

twengler
Contributor | Platinum Partner

https://info.convergence-crm.com/hubspot-replicate

We do this for partners. 

Copy from Prod to TEST (without an enterprise license)

Copy from TEST or Sandbox to Prod.

Tom

mattlowe

Is deploying to prodcution in the roadmap for the Sandbox feature, Hubspot? It has to be... right? 

KSchmiedeberg

We want this too, that is very useful.

Tobbias
Member | Diamond Partner

to be honest and blunt: it is unacceptable for my clients to sell them on a sandbox that cannot push the most important parts to production. I already have the first cases where HubSpot customers get frustrated with that. It's not a feature, it's clearly a bug.... don't want to be more drastic here...

LROADY
Contributor

100% need this - almost silly its not a native feature

Alexrott
Contributor

please implement this asap! A Sandbox without data and deployment to live is useless!

louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

This has been partly delivered by HubSpot recently: https://www.hubspot.com/products/sandbox

Does someone from HubSpot can update the status of this idea post?

cc @dennisedson 

sales
Contributor

In its current state, the sandbox is a useful testing environment. It's a great feature and a step in the right direction.

Two requests for the next phase of work:

1) Import existing content (deals, contacts, activities, etc.) - this makes it much easier to demo potential changes or upgrades to teammates.

2) Expand the sanbox to be more like a dev environment that can be pushed to production - this makes sure effort isn't wasted.. no point in duplicating effort.

corrivj
Support,
Don't forget, you have had Customers using a single environment for years. They have hundreds or even thousands of objects they will need to start their sandbox environment with, so the ability to copy production to sandbox is critical. If you wanted to exceed expectations, this copy would allow the copy of the entire environment (objects and data) or objects only (this would include all option sets). You also need the ability to turn off sending email from the sandbox environment with a single switch, which would be set to not send by default.
Thanks,
Jim
areyes_wodify

@hubspot 

I love that we have an ideas forum, please revisit the ability to clone Production environment(s) into Dev Sandbox as it has been over four years from the initial post. This is a commonly provided service by CRM enterprises and is of critical value to your customers by allowing them to replicate multiple/complex configurations without individually rebuilding every aspect. Thank you.

MRebakBA
Participant

Critically needed! 

I was shocked to discover there was no way to recreate (replicate) production data on sandbox provision and that it was entirely manual.

As well, no ability to create 'change sets' (like SFDC) to move changes from Sandbox to Production means a direct, 1:1 (nd often more) replication of work.

SCelen
Participant

300% need this!

MManisha
HubSpot Employee

It would be great if this could allow us to copy over our existing Business Units to our Sandbox account with the integration