HubSpot Ideas

rakeshm

Sales email templates export

I think there should be an option to bulk export the sales email templates. At the moment, the only way to save Sales templates is to manually copy the content of each template, as there is no way to export them and it consumes a lot of time.

This export option helps sales reps to review all of their emails from a document and fine tune if needed.

38 Replies
KChan6

I think this reallt is required as like many have said you can have up to 5000 templates and without the ability to export this is a massivly time consuming exercise. I am very surprised this feature was requested almost 5 years agao and there has been little traction on it as it is not the only feature people wish to export form.

DSanchez0

I agree, this is very much needed. I doubt they will implement it. This is a 5-year-old request with nearly 100 votes requesting it.  We are trying to audit and clean up our email templates and our emailing process, exporting them would significantly aid us with this. We have had a lot of team members create VERY similar email templates and I have been tasked with exporting, auditing, and cleaning up all of them. We have over 300 email templates and having to copy and paste each and every single one is obviously an issue. When I brought this up to my manager she informed me that not having this basic functionality, especially when they already have it already built for marketing emails is ridiculous, I could not agree more. When requested to pay to have their engineering export our emails, we were told that they are unable to do this. They absolutely ARE able to do this, they simply do not want to. They have a feature built for exporting marketing emails, so yeah they can export the other email templates. But like I said, they simply do not want to.  We will be moving to SalesForce.

pince101
Participant

Anyone find a workaround for bulk exporting sales email templates from Hubspot (via some plugin or other means)? We are currently attempting to do an editing pass over our templates and this would be much easier if we could do this outside of Hubspot. Surprising this functionality is not available to date.

If anyone has recommendations for another CRM with bulk export/import for sales email templates and snippets, I'm all ears! 

AGardner
Participant

We've switched our user data to a HIPPA compliant platform and need our templates out of Hubspot to the new platform. This exporting functionality would be massively helpful.

BRainey

We have over 1500 templates in use.  We need to determine which templates reference an email distribution list that is being retired as well as contains stale text.  Without the ability to export all templates into a text file, we're forced to haphazardly review this by searching for the email / text and then manually updating 1 template, then repeating the search process.

This is incredibly time consuming, inefficient and dependent on the search capabilities of Hubspot to find the text string.  We need the ability to export all templates so this effort can be delegated and tracked in an organized manner.

adamS
Contributor

Agree as well. It also allows leaders to collaborate with each other and contractors to improve the content in another program and adjust here. Otherwise everything has to occur in each individual template. 

CDevereaux4

Absolutely needed - 

We let our SDRs create their own sequences - we want them to export the sequence to review internally across other departments (SMEs, marketing)

LLK

We also need this feature. We have a large number of template emails and would like to be able to export a list of the emails (as is possible with Marketing emails), so we could identify outdated or duplicate emails, in order to keep our templates manageable and accurate.

TThomas2022

Exporting and uploading in bulk Snippets and Templates would be so handy.  I hope they devlop this feature ASAP.

FClougherty

How is this not yet a thing with requests back to 2020? Sort it out Hubspot. We pay for you to support our needs.

JCartwright7

Lets get this implemented! Very much needed!
Also the ability to export snippets!

Cam29

+1 Ability to export email templates for bulk review would be amazing... 

NMiller4
Participant

I would also like to add my name to this.

Ive been tasked with a spring clean of everything that's being used and now I have to go through one at a time Grrrrrrrrrrrr

JOrtiz2

+1 we need this option available! This must be an issue to any account that has more than 50 templates or so.. and not only exporting, but moving from account to account would be useful too.

JeanAniceto

+1 Since 2017 this feature would help our team to export and validate with other departments (Marketing even TI team) all of hundreds of sales templates. Absolutely time consuming and inefficient... Hope this launch as soon as possible (even by API)

isacab15

New use case:

We are in the process of integrating 3 Hubspot accounts following the merging of all our sister companies, and each company has its own sales templates and sequences. Iit's a bit absurd not to have a way of exporting our template libraries. At the very least we should be able to export the user-creater ones. The possibility to export sequences is also way overdue.

The fact that in order to keep our existing sequences someone will have to manually copy and paste every single template and sequence honestly gives me heartburn.

SEllis3

Any solutions for exporting personalized template emails from HubSpot yet?

dp31

+1 Up voting this! 2017 and its still not a feature? what a shame