HubSpot Ideas

JaBooch

Sales Funnel Report with Implied Conversions for Skipped Stages

I'm a VP of Sales looking to improve my org's sales processes, expedite deals through the sales funnel, gain overall visibility into deal velocity and funnel health.

As I understand it, Hubspots funnel report is broken by design. By this I mean that if a deal stage is skipped the system does not recognize that as a conversion of the skipped stage.  Instead there is no conversion event for that stage, the deal converts into the following stage.  This just isn't reflective of how enterprise deals progress.

The system should imply that a skipped stage is a conversion and the time lapsed in the skipped stage is zero days.

This absolutely cripples our ability to accurately measure comprehensive stage CVRs and funnel progression and as a result provides zero value in helping my team understand where to focus our resources.   Is there a top funnel content issue, proposal issue, bottom funnel contract issue...?    

Feel free to reach out with questions.

2 Replies
AgendaJason
Participant

I just want to support this idea. If a deal skips a stage becuase it's moving quickly or for some other contextual reason, that shoudln't disable HubSpot users from being able to track its movement in a funnel report. 

I agree that this is a rather obvious issue that needs addressing. 

OfferZenBrett
Participant

100% 

This has been a challenge for us since we first started using HubSpot. 

Came here today to post this and saw a few other ideas for the same thing. 

Made a comment earlier on another idea 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Prevent-skipping-stages-in-deals/idc-p/900185/highlig...

What the conversion funnel looks like when stages are skippedWhat the conversion funnel looks like when stages are skipped

The solution proposed here would be a simple solve. Come on Hubspot please do something