HubSpot Ideas

edutechno

Sales Extension plugin for Firefox

It would be great to have the sales extension for Firefox also. Right now, it is available for Chrome and Outlook only.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
October 14, 2019 01:20 PM

At this time, HubSpot does not plan to build a Firefox plugin for HubSpot Sales because we are not able to bring a comparable experience to Firefox that we have for Gmail and Outlook. As we evaluate other enabling technologies like Google add-ons, we will revisit this idea in the future but for now we are not planning to build a Firefox plugin.

140 Replies
LZeeberg

please add Safari and Firefox extension at the least!

boky
Participant

Exactly 50 months have passed since this issue was open. Unsuprisingly, though, Hubspot is still ignoring it.

LBlore

Upvoted this + adding a note: Recently had to unstall Chrome on my work + personal devices because of repeated crashing. Please offer some kind of extension that will allow comparable tracking and email logging at minimum. Thank you.

AMullineux
Participant

Hi all, I have had to switch to Firefox as a browser becasue Chrome it's so slow. It's a real problem for my business and Chrome slows down so badly it's just not an option to use it going forward for my day-to-day work which includes the use of Hubsport. I noticed today that my emails don't sync from Firefox to Hubspot and that's because there is only a Chrome extension.

Can an extension for Firefox be created?

In Chrome I have 8 extensions, 5 of which are Google tools and I have to delete my cookies and history at least once per week to keep it moving. After a couple of days, it slows right down again and it's seriously impacts workflow. Firefox is totally fine and never slows down.

I hope this can be created!

Regards,
Andrew

certifiedbice

I can't use Chrome, and I want a firefox extension... No excuses, Firefox has existed longer and should be supported.

boky
Participant

It's been 51 months and no dice.

Even though Firefox literary supports the same WebExtension standard as Chrome and HubSpot officialy states that Firefox is fully supported, we're still left out to dry. Case in point -- an response answer from Hubspot talks about "a Firefox plugin" -- a technology that's been deprecated since 2016/2017.

NCA-EUROPE

Bonjour, j'aimerais aussi avoir l'extension pour Firefox Mozzila, car j'ai trop de soucis d'utilisation avec Chrome, et avec d'autres fournisseurs que vous aussi. Mais je me vois mal utiliser un navigateur pour chaque fournisseur. Merci de prendre ma demande en considération svp.

Cordialement

CHristophe POLET

NK310

Should have been done already.

ShacharSilbert
Participant

Pop.

This needs to be done and I have been running after this for over a year.

ron_kagan
Contributor

Hey, @mgriffith! I have a solemn responsibility to make my salespeoples' lives as easy as I can and, in figuring out whether to renew HubSpot Sales, not having support for Firefox is definitely going in the column of "no." This is a serious issue and the stock responses that have been posted to this thread since 2019 aren't in keeping with the values and aspirations of HubSpot as a company. I'm truly in awe of all you've achieved and have a great deal of respect for HubSpot and for your background, Meaghan! I am hoping that this comment can help convey the gravity of this enterprise user's concern and let you know that it's a recurring and significant issue to prioritize.

HubSpot gave me a pony! So, I'm sure you can give us HubSpot Sales for Firefox.

Thank you kindly,

Ron

CC: @CTOD 

Dionfp

Hello there.

Just throwing my voice to the (apparently completely ignored) choir of people practically begging for a Firefox extension.

ShacharSilbert
Participant

I'll just another comment here to remind you that the fact that I'm stuck with Chrome for this is horrific.

Cheers 🙂

boky
Participant

We found a solution for this issue.

We've moved away from Hubspot, that's why I don't nag them anymore.

SGuthrie

This this this this this. Please. 🙂

JFadden

I work in an environment where we share desktops, so using different browsers is the only way to stay signed in w/o re-authenticating. It would be nice to have the same type of functionality cross-platforms

vijaydogra

I cannot believe even though people literally begging for this extension, nothing is being done on this. Nudging the owners and devs with this ping

gmr1970
Participant

With just 144 votes in november 23, 2021 I don't see this extension happening in the near future...

Wall-e will be walking the earth first.

boky
Participant

It's been a year, and I've decided to check in what's going on with this extension, although we're not using Hubspot any more.

To the complete lack of my shock, the request is still completely ignored.

I see that the decision to move away to competing products was the correct one.

JAmor

Please, write an extension for Firefox. That's the only polite thing I can write after reading about this requirement since 2016.

DPonoroff

Adding another thumbs up to the need for this browser extension. Wholly agree with @JAmor; seeing this goes back years is a little demoralizing to a new user. The fact that there was so much effort put behind @ron_kagan's pony, while this continues to languish is frustrating.