HubSpot Ideas

edutechno

Sales Extension plugin for Firefox

It would be great to have the sales extension for Firefox also. Right now, it is available for Chrome and Outlook only.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
October 14, 2019 01:20 PM

At this time, HubSpot does not plan to build a Firefox plugin for HubSpot Sales because we are not able to bring a comparable experience to Firefox that we have for Gmail and Outlook. As we evaluate other enabling technologies like Google add-ons, we will revisit this idea in the future but for now we are not planning to build a Firefox plugin.

140 Replies
garywillmott

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssseeeee! Chrome is dying a slow death.

sodowarts

Is there anybody out there......anybody out there.......out there.....out......that can hear us.....that can hear us.....hear us.........us...

chipper

Firefox extension is a must-have HubSpot.  Is your past association with Google standing in the way?

Crestien

We had to move from Chrome to Firefox due to Chrome's lag and crash issues. The Chrome extension for tracking emails is critical to my sales team. The codebase should be almost the same. If necessary, this could have been outsourced and done in a couple of weeks tops. There's just no excuse. Where is this?

scooterdog

Came here to chime in with this request.

Idiotic to force companies that use Gmail for Business and Hubspot to use only Chrome, given its own issues.

antoniochagoury

+1 would be great to have this extension for FF.

HS, I'd say not to leave this thread "hanging". Just tell your users whether you will or your will NOT be doing this, so we know. As long as this thread is open you are keeping hopes alive.

Thanks.

derekdoubleyou
Participant

Hi @BrettLanguirand,

Any movement on this? It seems this issue is being ignored by Hubspot, and some of us would appreciate some clarification on your position.

"Install another browser" seems like a pretty poor response in 2018 (to a question first posed in 2016!).

What's it going to take for Hubspot to create a Firefox plugin?

BCMike22

Fellow Foxers,

It's not going to happen. While I too would love to have a FF plug-in, the market share doesn't make this case strongly enough for us. Today, ~10% of users currently prefer FF (numbers vary, but this is in-line with others). This is *down* 4% from 4/2016. Chrome usage is slowly creeping up, now in the low 60's.

Figure maybe half have a STRONG preference for FF, and maybe a third of those are unwilling to use Chrome, you have a market of maybe 1-2% that they'd be catering to for platform that, while it saddens me to write this, is clearly in decline and has no signs of becoming a legitimate competitor to Chrome.

So, TL;DR - not gonna happen. Either use Outlook (hey, it's 1999!), or suck it up and use Chrome when sending 1:1 emails with HubSpot. FF ain't gonna happen.

sodowarts

Huh....Firefox Quantum: 170 million installs so far, as more Chrome users jump ship  - https://www.zdnet.com/article/firefox-quantum-170-million-installs-so-far-as-more-chrome-users-jump-...

Will it really take that much time and brainpower to put a FF plug-in together??

Hubspot is dead to me.

antoniochagoury

My company, Maxiom Technology build software for a living. We build extensions and 99% of time, whether it is fireforx or chrome, the code is largely the same. The shell is different, that the effort for that is very minor.

Frankly, @BCMike22 is incorrect with his stats... but if they won't do it, they won't do it... what can we say more that we have.

BCMike22

Thanks for the kind words, Antonio.

I attemped to embed the studies I found since I knew someone would gripe; but I had no luck. The HubSpot form kept on rejecting the code.

In any event, you can likely find the same studies I did through Googling them. They all tell a very similar story. Again, same want here, just don't think it's gonna happen; mainly becuase of the small respective market share.

sodowarts

BCMike - Not sure what "small" entails but to ignore what I'm sure are thousands of customers/FF users is pretty lame and quick frankly a slap in the face.  Whatever happened to customer service -- once again this is NOT a big request we're asking for.  (I know -- preaching to the choir).

cannaqms-angela

I'm a big supporter of open-source browsers and what Firefox is doing - as an extremely popular browser to boot.

Two versions of this extension for each browser should have been made at the same time, not as the afterthought it seems to be.

I'd love to not have to switch to Chrome just to send emails. I don't want to switch browsers because of HubSpot. Please consider making an extension for Sales on Firefox.

dfu

Any news on this request?

The new Firefox is so good, I'm not using Chrome anymore so I am really not making the most of hubspot at the moment...

jonschre

Same question here: Any ETA on the Firefox integration?

gfree
Member | Diamond Partner

+1 for Firefox extension

thedonquixotic

Honestly kind of shocked that there's no proper FF extension, espc considering FF is pushing for cross browser extension support with their new Web Extension open standard. 

Shame Hubspot!

KarenPG

I Concur!!  We need to be able to use browsers other than Chrome.  Thank you. 

stinhambo
Contributor

Hubspot don't have to make an extension for a specific browser, they can instead create a Gmail add-on like dozens of other companies have like Streak, Wrike, Copper, Capsule (as well as Trello, Asana and Dropbox). 

They work in any browser and even iOS as it's tied to Gmail and not the browser.

samsammurphy

Please share the love with Firefox Heart