HubSpot Ideas

edutechno

Sales Extension plugin for Firefox

It would be great to have the sales extension for Firefox also. Right now, it is available for Chrome and Outlook only.

140 Replies
sodowarts

What a joke!  See you later HS.

sodowarts

What a joke!

eloyd
Participant

Bye, HubSpot.  If you're not willing to provide what people are asking for, then you're just as bad as Google.  Steal our sensitive CRM information, push your paid marketing platform (gee, I wonder where all that information comes from), and not provide us with the tools we ask for?  No problem.

We'll vote with our feet.  Seeya.

dhika

@FloraYou said, "At this time, HubSpot does not plan to build a Firefox plugin for HubSpot Sales because we are not able to bring a comparable experience to Firefox that we have for Gmail and Outlook."

Can you clarify what comparable experience to Firefox that you can't replicate from Gmail? Gmail is an email provider and not an app (well you have Android app, but that's not the point) or a browser on its own. Some people still use their Gmail (but) on Firefox simply because their company is based on Google ecosystem. I'm a bit confused why HubSpot decided to abandon their Firefox user completely.

eloyd
Participant

@dhikathree words:  money money money.

They don't want to pay their dwindling supply of developers to program for Firefox because they can't suck as much information out of it as they can with Chrome.  Information is what they sell, so if they can't sell it, they won't build it.

peterbolkunov
Participant

It's a shame there is still no Firefox extension. For those, who are conscious about their web privacy it's dreadful to be forced to use Chrome.

SGV
Participant

Firefox is by far a superior browser over Chrome.  ANY time I have a problem with Hubspot, I'm told it's because of my browser.  I've only been using Hubspot for about 1 yr and 4 mos and have had to clear my browser to make Hubspot work probably 20 time. 

I was also told by one of the Hubspot support team that they are "working on the functionality issues they keep having with Outlook", when I told her that my emails sent from Outlook weren't recording through the extension.  

I see that this thread has been going on for YEARS, so...why hasn't Hubspot woken up and provided their paying customers with the service they are asking for.  

eloyd
Participant

They don't want to pay their dwindling supply of developers to program for Firefox because they can't suck as much information out of it as they can with Chrome.  Information is what they sell, so if they can't sell it, they won't build it.

ZviPardes
Contributor

I cannot believe that I'm stuck using Chrome in order to have full Gmail sales integration. What the heck, HubSpot? How hard is it to port over the extension already? This request has been consistently made for 2 years now!

eloyd
Participant

@ZviPardes HubSpot has no incentive to do the right thing at this point.  They don't want to pay their dwindling supply of developers to program for Firefox because they can't suck as much information out of it as they can with Chrome. Information is what they sell, so if they can't sell it, they won't build it.

ZviPardes
Contributor

No incentive? What about the tens of thousands our company is paying HubSpot every year?

eloyd
Participant

@ZviPardes you miss my point.  They have to implement it for everyone, not just paying customers.  And Firefox doesn't provide the kind of information tracking capabilities that Chrome does, and that's HubSpot's bread and butter.  They will never develop a Firefox plugin for HubSpot until they can commercialize the data that they get from it.  Don't forget - HubSpot can read all of your email in Chrome!  Can't do that in Firefox at this point.

So yes, despite all the tens of thousands of dollars that you pay them.  

We've stopped paying them anything and gone back to Excel.  Awesome data security and privacy and we can add fields whenever we'd like!

will-th

For me, a using FireFox over Chrome is no longer a choice. I don't know what is going on with the Chrome developers these days but it grinds to a halt now with my larger Google Documents, and Gmail now has a glitch where the text formatting options just floats over the text as I type it making it impossible to see what I type. For these reasons I had to switch to FireFox, so using Chrome for writing emails is no longer an option for me.

Please create a FireFox plugin.

Best regards

Will

debwyo

I was excited to switch to HubSpot from a competitor but having to use Chrome is a deal-breaker. Firefox all the way, for all the reasons stated above. At least I figured it out before migrating any of my data over.

nicholaschiang

Another user who desperately loves Firefox. So much so that I'm going to look for another CRM platform that supports Firefox.

Please create this (and let me know when you do, because HubSpot seems like an awesome project).

eloyd
Participant

@nicholaschiang you got that right!  HubSpot can't get their backsides out of the darksides long enough to see that this privacy concerns are going to make people stop using their product.

But then, they don't care, because they're not making money off of this product; they make money by selling your private information!  

Bye bye, HubSpot.  Hello, white board!

tehceh

In light of recent news that Chrome creates a per-browser unique ID that is sent on all requests, including incognito, and cannot be turned off, I've stopped using Chrome. Please write a Firefox extension. Thanks.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22236106

https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/467#issuecomment-581944600

vmajor

I have a soution for everyone waiting on a Firefox extension. Use Brave browser instead. It is a fork of Chromium so basically everything that works on Chrome works on Brave, incuding the Hubspot extension.

The advantage of Brave is that you can turn off all tracking for sites that you do not want to track you. You have to disable some blockers in order to use Hubspot however.

ZaneWithSpoon

Adding to the comments to support a firefox extension

ShacharSilbert
Participant

Alos giving a Thumbs up, I am also a developer and have many different needs, after years of working with both I much preffer Firefox, and it's a pain for me to have 2 browsers open just so I can have the extension.