HubSpot Ideas

edutechno

Sales Extension plugin for Firefox

It would be great to have the sales extension for Firefox also. Right now, it is available for Chrome and Outlook only.

140 Replies
Vipr

+1 This needed Firefox support 2 years ago.

PBennett

+1 Please add Firefox support!

CaityQ

+1 to this idea! I used Hubspot much more when I used chrome, but like a lot of other people on this thread I switched to FF due to Chrome's memory drain and FF privacy standards. I would love to see an extension that streamlines Hubspot use for FF users!

KaraMAGO

I know this is an old thread, but it would be REALLY helpful to have an extension that works in Firefox as well. Hopefully others see this pop back up. 

For me, personally, I have to use both Firefox (I use a couple addons to track & save research articles & reading progress on Firefox that are not on Chrome) & Chrome, which is too cumbersome for my liking.

edbarrientos10

+1,000

Please add a FireFox extension, please. I hate Chrome and it's battery and CPU drain.

ahouse

+1 for firefox extention

zparihar

+1 for firefox extention

Firefox performs better, and ironically, GMail Tab crashes in Chrome after its been running for a while (+1day).  Memory leak???

I've moved off Chrome almost entirely.  I'd like to use Hubspots Sales within my GMail with Firefox.

FYI, I'm using Linux (Ubuntu) as my primary operating system now as well.  So please support that as well as Windows and Mac

gmac68

It has been 3 years that this thread was created and still no FF add-on?? Seriously??

SpubHot
Participant

Please don't try to force us into the Google empire. Most folks on our team use Firefox. Chrome is NOT getting onto my computer. We may sooner pick a different CRM. Please support Firefox!

And once you're at it, you can also open up your calendar integration to open standards like CalDAV and not try to force us into proprietary Google or MS calendars.

drewn8db

Related to Spubhot, we have picked another CRM.

emeffinsteve

I'd like to be able to use Safari or Firefox on my Mac. Becoming less and less a fan of Chrome.

mwilliambell

Hi Hubspot,

We're active users of the Hubspot browser extension for email tracking and logging. As you may already know, Google has recently made changes to Chrome that affect third party adblocking software. As a company, we have moved away from Chrome as a result of this change. This means that we cannot use your software to track our emails any longer. One of these things is going to have to change, either we go back to Chrome (which our developers are very much agains), or we drop hubspot for somebody who had a Firefox extension.

Can you please tell me if this is in the pipeline? If so, when do you expect it to be released? If not, how come?

eloyd
Participant

With the demise of Google Chrome (due to changes in it anti-ad blocking technology) and the overall re-discovery of the fact that a browser run by a corporation that makes it billions on the backs of tracking what people do, our busineses (we have multiple) - and our clients, for that matter - are moving back to Firefox.

Not having a Firefox plugin is the last piece of corporate BS that means we're pulling our use of, and enthusiam for, Hubspot.  You won't add mutliple email addresses.  You won't add tags.  You won't do a Firefox plugin.  Fine.  We won't do Hubspot.

So long, and thanks for a couple of years of relatively useful CRM software.  Time to switch to Zoho.

dhika

I'm surprised that 2 years have passed and there is still no plugin for Firefox...

andyjonesx

Hey. With Firefox now quickly picking up adaption (due to being more responsible and respectful of users data than Chrome), could you please port the extension over? I previously used it a lot with Chrome.

vmajor

How is this coming along? I understand that writing the addon for Firefox would take some unplanned effort, but plan it. If your business head in charge of strategy disagrees, get a new head with a longer term vision. There is no downside to you in supporting Firefox and it would make a potentially large segment of your current and future customers happy.

With data collection and privacy becoming an ever growing issue, being able to chose who to hand over our data to is very important. With Chrome none of us have any choice.

eloyd
Participant

HunSpot is just as bad as Google.  They get people to put in critical business information that they can mine for relationships and statistics that they can sell to others as "market intelligence."

They do not care about fixing problems, they care about forcing people to use Chrome so they can leverage the insecurities that that browser offers.  They won't add features likes tags or multiple contact email because there is no incentive

We've decided to abandon our HubSpot account and switched to using a whiteboard because we know we can always add additional features to our handwriting, and it's much more secure.

benjacamp

Like many others, I switched to Firefox due to the speed and as a rare chance to opt out of using something Google, and was really surprised to see that there is no Hubspot extension on Firefox. It would at least be great to get a reply on this thread as to why it isn't being prioritized and some potential challenges you might be running into because as far as I know porting an extension from Chrome to Firefox is not difficult.

Flora
HubSpot Product Team
At this time, HubSpot does not plan to build a Firefox plugin for HubSpot Sales because we are not able to bring a comparable experience to Firefox that we have for Gmail and Outlook. As we evaluate other enabling technologies like Google add-ons, we will revisit this idea in the future but for now we are not planning to build a Firefox plugin.
derekdoubleyou
Participant

Well, there you have it. It only took HubSpot 3 years to give us a non-answer as to why they refuse to support Firefox/consumer choice/privacy....