HubSpot Ideas

Corinne

Sales Email Template Breakdown / Reporting

I've contacted customer service who informed me that there currently no way to see specifically who has recieved a specific template. I know we can see a breakdown of who has recieved sequences, but I believe we should be able to see a breakdown for templates as well.

This potential feature would be incredibly useful for my purposes as I will be using singular templates more frequently and I need to keep an accurate and detailed record of the performance of the different templates.

17 Replies
Dunny131

It would be tremendously helpful to drill further down into Template Reports in HubSpot Sales. Right now I can view how many times I sent the template and the % of opens and clicks. I would love the ability to look further when reviewing the template as to which prospects opened the template.

Dunny131

I requested the exact same feature. It'd be nice to see who receive the template rather than have to go into the activity feed.

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the feedback @Corinne and @Dunny131. How would you expect to use this template reporting on the contact level? Could you provide some examples of what your next actions would be or what value this data brings?

CWand

@sjudson

1) If a template is used show the name of the template in a contact property. Always show the latest template used.

2) If a sequence is used, it would be great to see in which sequence (name) the contact is enrolled instead of true or false.  

Can we populate the name of the sequence into the property instead? 

Best,

A

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni

Thanks for your comment @CWand@Corinne and @Dunny131, it sounds like you would like to have the ability to see a breakdown of contacts who were sent a specific template in the reporting for sales templates. Is that correct? Would you mind sharing more specific information on the value that this feature would provide to your sales process, such as:

- Role: who (what type of user/account type) is the feature for? 

- Goal / Roadblock: what is it that you/your team wants to do – the goal and/or desire. OR what is the problem / roadblock?

- The Benefit: why do you need it – what do you need to accomplish? What value do you derive from the feature?

- Examples: Are there any other software platforms where you’ve seen the feature or something like it

Thanks in advance! -May

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

kburke
Member | Elite Partner
Chiming in — we would absolutely benefit from more sales email reporting, too. We would love to see who clicked a link in our Sales templates and what link they've clicked. Here's how it would help us:

- Role: Sales team, especially sales enablement

- Goal / Roadblock: Sales enablement reviews the performance of our sales templates and sequences every month. We're struggling to figure out what links are most enticing and what kind of contacts/companies are interacting with our emails.

- The Benefit: We need to know which links are being clicked in our templates and who is clicking them so that we can revise the messaging in our emails and sequences accordingly. 

- Examples: HubSpot Marketing email tool. I understand this is currently a limitation of sales due to its lack of additional types of tracking, such as identity tracking.

Yvega

I think that the ability for the sales team to see who has opened and clicked on their sales templates would be extremely beneficial for their approach, and will also help them fine-tune their sequences and follow-ups. It would be a great addition to your software! 

HWaple

The idea of having a sales template that would allow the sales team to analyze who has opened and clicked it would be a great add on to the software. It would give them the ability to revise their messages in their emails and sequences properly.

MicheleAymold
Participant

I'm requesting a similar update for the existing: Top Template Report

1) at minimum I would like to export this data so I can analyze on my own. It's frustrating when I can't get access to my own org's data.

2) Add sorting to the report on the dashboard.

Ultimately I want to see what our the top sent, and top performing templates over the past year. It's incredibly time consuming and prone to human copy/paste errors with the existing data view.

LBlore

I am also requesting this addition!

I recently had a sales team member try to get a quick list together of who he had sent a specific template to, and we were unable to do so. This is very frustrating!

We can see how many people have opened the email, and how many it was sent to, but cannot get to the list of the contacts.

Please consider adding this feature. Thank you!

realizeit
Top Contributor

Major work needs to be done to allow for better--and more detailed--sales reports For instance, I need to create a report that includes the following:

1. Broken down by State, then Account

2. Number of contacts for each Account within that state

3. Break down each Account contact list to include only specific Job Titles

4. Then include a column that breaks down individual contacts to specific Administrator Level (a custom addition on our part).

What's the point of creating custom filters if we can't generate a report reflecting it?

Most businesses have

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Does this post help you? If so, then help others by accepting it as a solution.

Excellent suggestions. You may wish to add them to a new or existing thread in HubSpot Ideas.

You'll typically get much more traction from the HubSpot Community AND the Ideas Forum is where HubSpot Product Teams monitor suggestions for popularity -- i.e., VOTES! 🙂

Hope that helps.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson in your message if you'd like me to reply.

apetrini

The "who" is an absolute must. It would be great to be able to generate filters/lists of people who have received a certain template.

sophiehaddad

Also from my side: The "who" is an absolute must. It would be great to be able to generate filters/lists of people who have received a certain template.

niccid
Participant

It is frustrating that "who" a template was sent to is not available. I agree its an absolute must. We really need to be able to generate filters/lists of people who have received a certain template.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community,

In an effort to be more transparent about our team's roadmap, I am updating this issue to 'Not Currently Planned' because this is not planned in our next quarter of work. However, we are reviewing some plans to move templates data to reporting, which are the  first steps necceary to be able to show the "who" within Template reporting. I will update here once we have plans in place to solve this issue specifically.

Best,

Glen