HubSpot Ideas

TSR

Sales Documents hosted on own Domain

Hi All,

We have recently been experimenting with all the HubSpot tools and they seem to be working well for us, But a big issue we have found is the inability to use our custom domains we have added as the link for our Document tracking and attachments.

It would be extremely useful if we could change the domain from "app.hubspot.com".

Many thanks!.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:09 PM

For transparency, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' as the team is not planning on this in the next quarter of work.

Best,

Glen

72 Replies
FreddieLaker
Member | Diamond Partner

Totally agree. Having the hubspot URL breaks the experience when dealing with customs. I'd like for them to view it via docs.mydomain.com or something similar.

Any update on this Hubspot? Last Updated was April in 2020.

markusL
Participant

Sadly I haven’t heard a peep from HubSpot about this. --

VJ

Agreed and we would love to see this feature on HubSpot. If it is possible, ie the sales documents are available at one of our subdomain connected with Hubspot, the tracking further actions of that user are possible with first-party cookies. Currently, if we share an email to a user with a HubSpot sales document, I am not sure further the activities of that user on our website can be tracked automatically or not.

PKreutzer

Upvote! Just contacted the support because of this. You can customize everything but this. Imho this just makes no sense ... 

Please get this feature in the near future!

Andares

Would be very helpful! 

mirandm
Participant

Same here! In times of spam, phishing, and the like, it's very important that the link shared for a document hosted in HubSpot must reflect the custom domain to build trust. I hope this can get the right attention soon.

ivanivanka
Participant

Is there any updates on this? This is a must have for quality branding and OP is almost will be 4 years old in 5 months..

SunHigh

Yes, hosting documents on a custom domain just feels a lot better - not to mention the valid secuity concerns raised.

Plus, using the connected Bit.ly account for links vs. Hub links.

APineiro1
Member | Elite Partner

Filing this on behalf of one of my clients - this is actually a stumbling block preventing a customer from wanting to purchase Sales Hub - hoping this comes about soon!

alewolf
Contributor | Partner

The problem that we face with that is that some newsletter recipients can't open the links to sales documents. It is likely that HubSpot links (or sidekick, which is in the redirect chain) are blocked by anti spam or similar filters.  Being able to use our own domain minimizes that problem. 

c_conant
Participant

Following up since @glencornell updated 2 years ago. In addition to a number of customers expressing pain around branding and favicon issues, this is also a major issue when tracking analytics through 3rd party software. Any plans to add this to the roadmap in the future?

RBragg
HubSpot Employee

This would be extremely helpful for many business use cases. 

ChristianFerg

This feature is something that should definitely be implemented. Please follow up with this 🙂

ChristianFerg
pb3

+1 this is a definite must have! 

adodge
HubSpot Employee

Posting for a HubSpot user:

If documents are hosted on the same domain as the email sending domain, there is a change that email security filters will not block the document link or label it as malicious if security settings scan for mismatch domain links.  

c_conant
Participant

If documents are hosted on the same domain as the email sending domain, there is a change that email security filters will not block the document link or label it as malicious if security settings scan for mismatch domain links.  

@adodge if security settings are flagging emails with the links included, this could/should be considered a bug. Is there an internal JIRA for the issue?

AnnalenaStrüver
Participant | Platinum Partner

I think the proposal is very good! Would be very happy about an early implementation.

Kamlesh_m

CloudFiles can help you share files with links in this format. (docs.mydomain.com)

Sample link: https://docs.cloudfiles.io/FTcQmaEmxL9

This should be the simplest solution right now

AdamAllcock

If there are any PMs about, considering moving $10,000s of business off HubSpot as this issue is killer.