HubSpot Ideas

diensty

Sales Document Upload: select contact person

If I upload sales documents, then there is no possibility to select the contact person that will be visible in the top right corner. It's automatically the person that uploaded the file. 

This is very inconvenient since the document upload is ofte not done by the corresponding sales rep, but by the sales coordination.

Hence, I suggest a feature that allows to select the contact person of sales documents. 

3 Replies
rmitchell1
Contributor

I agree 100%... this is much needed, otherwise you have to manually manage each person's content - pass passwords around, and if you ever have to update or remove a document you would have to update or remove that document for each account! Forget it!  I'd also suggest making it so that you can select the contact person (in the top right) at the point of using the document. For example, if I send the document in an email, I pick if I show up or someone else.  If I post the document on an landing page, there I independently select who's contact info will show up.  It should likely be a list, with a couple defaults, like the person posting it as well as the original uploader, or even the team leader or something like that. That way you can automatically have it switch when one person leaves the company as an example.  If you put the team leader, and you always have a designated team leader, there should never be an issue.

rmitchell1
Contributor

In addition to my above comment, I'd like to suggest completely removing the contact person (in the top right) entirely if the ability to select the contact person isn't made available. That way every person that clicks on a document isn't trying to contact /set up a meeting with me!

mrusso

I agree, this functionality is fundamental to distributed marketing.  I want my sales team to fill up their own calendars with meetings, not mine!  They should be able to distribute centrally generated marketing materials with their own contact information.