HubSpot Ideas

DinDjarin

Row totals in dashboard reports

It's would be best if, like excel, the tables could include a row total to sum each row and the total column row. I don't see the point of only having column totals and letting the user/reader sort out the sum or having to create a second report to see the full total.
14 Replies
LKrause
Participant

This would be very valuable, especially when reporting on ROI metrics... which hubspot is all about... right?? 

CPszenny

Yes!! It would be great if you could total by a section in a pivot table.  Other wise you have to manually calculate each sections sum.

pivot table .png

Cecelia6668

Yes please, we need this!

JOakley
Contributor

So, any movement on this?  Would be really helpful.

ACWolber

Yes, it would also help to be able to sum some categories together to build clearer graphs 🙏

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be a helpful feature to have. Many reports would benefit 

KBraddy

I agree with the others, I think this feature would add a lot of value.

WMacDonald

Can we please add this functionality. 

V-Marketer
Participant

@dmastin Is there any movement with this? Most of us will need to report on Quarterly projected sales and need to add up the Amount column to show a total so we do not have to use Excel. It's why we use HubSpot, to not have to duplicate and report in Excel also. Thank you.

kit-lyman
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Everyone! Thank you all for your continued input on this idea. I'm pleased to share that you can now add subtotals to both rows and columns in your pivot table visualizations. You'll find this option under "Chart Settings" within the Configure tab. Once applied, subtotals will be added to each of your sections, providing you an aggregated total of each category rather than just the whole table. I've added an image below to demonstrate what you will see. 

Subtotals in Pivot Table.png

Please let me know if you have any thoughts/follow-up questions about this update!

GDeGiovanni
Participant

Hi there! 
the subtotals feature is really useful, but when you have a complex table I find difficult to focus on the correct row or column due to fact that subtotals are shown in a format that is exactly the same as the format for the "micro" data. Would it be possible to have a slightly different format for subtotals (e.g. a slightly darker background for the rows or columns which contain subtotals)?

This is exactly what happens with Excel or with Google Sheets.

Please check out the attached screen for reference... It is taken from a Google sheet, you will see that subtotals in row 27 an row 33 are highlighted with a darker background, not to be confused with other micro data. 

GDeGiovanni_0-1675249838819.png

GDeGiovanni
Participant

Another suggestion I would like to submit, is the option to resize the columns in the HS Pivot tables, instead of having them "locked" to a standard size which is the same for all columns. 

Very often we have columns which need to display texts, while other are displaying numbers. 

Check the attached screen for reference: it is a shame that I cannot fully read the texts displayed in column DEAL NAME because we waste a lot of useful space in column DISTINCT COUNT, which only hosts numbers.  

GDeGiovanni_0-1675250245289.png

MSanDiego
Participant

Hi @kit-lyman , can we enable collapsing subtotals or choosing which ones to "subtotal"? It's confusing as it is doing it per row when it's supposed to be summarized.

SMeyer0
Contributor

I am upvoting GDeGiovanni and MSanDiego's requests above.