HubSpot Ideas

CRichards7

RingCentral integration with the HubSpot app

Ability to make calls and text using RingCentral in the HubSpot ap

0 Upvotes
8 Replies
Greatoutcomes
Contributor

This is already a happening thing actually. Look up RC Labs : https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/5579396/marketplace/apps/sales/calling/ringcentral-202602

The video is really good, created by Drake Zhao.  Here are some features:

• Send SMS in workflow: After enabled in the install page, users can use RingCentral in HubSpot workflow to send SMS.
  • Send/Recieve SMS from HubSpot: You can also send, receive, and view SMS messages using the RingCentral integration for HubSpot. Be sure to change the toggle to log SMS messages in the contact's activity log and check the activity filter boxes for RingCentral to see these logs.
ATorres30

Regarding to the RingCentral integration - I noticed their were 2 choices. Do they do the same thing? 

Also our sales team won't be ringcentral users. but our marketing team will.

Can Marketing setup SMS workflows thru ringcentral to text out (even if the sales agent is the contact owner)? 

Greatoutcomes
Contributor

@ATorres30 yes, the Data Sync app is for automatically sync'ing your contacts between Hubspot and RC.  For calling from Hubspot, you should use RC Labs, which gives so much more.  In USA and Canada, you can call and send SMS as well from within Hubspot.  Setting up SMS workflows in RC will depend on your location. That may work if you're in USA or Canada. At present its not available outside those locations, but that may change in time.  You'll need to test the workflow to see if that'll work when the sales agent is not using RC. It sounds a little unlikely that your SMS workflow will work if your sales agent is not using RC.  The SMS would have to be sent from a generic title and not sent from the sales agent personally.    

FJohnston

We are using the RC Labs app for sending SMS & it can only be associated with the contact.  Has anyone figured out how to associate sms activities with deals or companies?

chicagokalo
Contributor

Has anyone figured out how to associate sms activities with deals or companies?

Greatoutcomes
Contributor

I hadn't thought of associating SMS to deals or companies yet, but if I do, then I'll let you know.   

chicagokalo
Contributor

Thank you. In my business, there may be several contacts in a deal and/or company. The progression through the pipeline will depend on communication of more than one person at an associate company or associated with a deal. In order to get a macro view of the progress, we need to see all of the communication, just like we would for calls.

I appreciate your response.

chicagokalo
Contributor

Actually, I figured it out.  After a text has been sent in the RingCentral popup (possibly prior to, as well), hoover over the drop-down arrow under the message. You will see the option to Add Text Log. A deal should appear.