HubSpot Ideas

Rivet-Works-B

Rich Text on Dependent Fields on a Form

Our app is available in multiple app stores that we would like to direct people towards on a form.  To accomplish this, we want to add rich text to a hidden dependent field that would guide the end user to a outside link based on a drop down field.

42 Replies
Ali_Knox
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agree this would make the section look a little more professional.

tyrone
Participant

Upvoted. This is highly necessary. Thanks Rivet Works B.

cwelch
Participant

Hey guys, lets get this one going. If we want to have robust and dynamic forms we need to be able have dependant rich text to go along with the depandant fields. Look at tools like formstack for inspiration - They do this extremely well. Thanks!

dawnsmoot
Participant

I agree. With some more complex forms that we are working on, it really would make it look more professional to include rich text fields. 

lgriffee
Participant

Our team could also really use this feature on our forms. We have two separate forms/landing pages for:

1. Users who want to request a brochure for themselves
  2. Users who want to request a brochure for a friend

On the forms for each of these pages, we would first like to ask the user if they are requesting a brochure for themselves or for a friend. If the user selects the option that is the same as the page that they are on then the rest of the form would be revealed. If the user selects the option that is not the same as the page that they are on then our team would like to redirect them with a link in a rich text field to the other landing page.

javieryebenes
Contributor

+1 I need to add section titles or explanations to dependant fields but I can't do this unless it is a "property field". I would like to be able to add a single line of text as an introduction to a question, but I can't do it as of now. Frustrating! Smiley Sad

lrosin
Contributor

We need this for GDPR purposes on our fields. We need to be able to add rich text paragraphs under Country depending on which country a person selects. This shouldn't be hard, and this request is now older than a year... I'm a little surprised that HubSpot has done nothing about it. Let's get moving - you did all that work on the "Forms" page and you missed this? Sad.

brianserocke
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Adding some additional wind to this idea. 

We'd like to be able to deliver specific rich-text messages to leads as they are answering specific questions within a form. One specific use case is to deliver talking points to leads dependent on the answer they select from the form question. 

Please let us know if we can get this into the roadmap. 

Thanks.

kchang

I was trying to create a form that will dynamically show the eligibility criteria based on the program a user has selected, but HubSpot does not have this functionality... 😞

Would've been so helpful in many cases!

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post. Your feedback helps us build better products.

I think this a great Idea! I'm happy to say we are currently reviewing this request and its feasibility. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but all updates will be relayed on this thread.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe

lrosin
Contributor

Great to hear! I hope we can see this feature added soon!

drinkO2_SB

I'd love to see this funtionality! Wondering if anyone has a work around in the mean time?

basil
Key Advisor

We also have a need to show rich text fields dependent on previous form answers. Our use case is around support forms and different support SLAs / contact numbers depending on country.

Monjogard
Member | Elite Partner

+1!

Cardtronics

+1

We have a form that asks if a customer is a Nevada resident. If no, we then show them several form fields they can fill out and submit. If yes, we need to display a message asking them to contact us directly at the number provided. Seems simple enough but like most things with HubSpot forms it is not. There really needs to be more flexibility with the forms. The no part is working fine. I have yet to find an easy way for the yes part. It is a simple if/then question. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Norm

+1

Shu

+1 this feature is very needed for proper GDPR settings when standard solution can't be implemented

KStockdale
Participant

Would find this really helpful.

bihlefeld

Our team would find this really useful! We have an RFQ form we're using right now, and we want people to know that if they need their order in fewer than 10 business days, they need to call us instead of filling out the form so we can prioritize their order. We've added "help text" to our "product need-by date" field, but many people ignore it and fill out a date within 10 days anyway, then get angry with our sales team when they can't fulfill the order in time. It would be really helpful to be able to have a dependent field pop up with a message that asks the user to call us and lists our phone number if they need select that they need their product in a hurry. 

jjanek
Contributor

Agreed, I just ran into a scenario where this would make sense.