HubSpot Ideas

basil

Revision History for Knowledge Base Articles

Blog posts have an awesome revision history view.

The blog editor has additional tools such as revision historyThe blog editor has additional tools such as revision history

screenshot.png

However, knowledge base articles lack this feature. This would be very valuable to have a version controlled knowledge base and the ability to create drafts. Basically just enabling the same editor tools from the blog for the knowledge base would be perfect!

The knowledge base article editor lacks the button for revision history... :-(The knowledge base article editor lacks the button for revision history... 😞

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Not Currently Planned
October 10, 2020 10:05 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm updating this idea to "Not currently planned" because plans for this feature are paused right now and I don't know when work will continue. The rest of the team and I would love to bring version history to knowledge articles, and I believe we will, but I want to be transparent about the status of this project. We have some other projects that are taking up all our engineering resources for the foreseeable future, and it's too soon to say when we'll be able to work on version history. In any case, we'll be sure to update this thread when the time comes. 

Thank you all for your patience,

Snaedis 

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
February 25, 2019 08:02 AM

26 Commentaires
Statut mis à jour : In Planning
goconnor
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

charlotte7
Membre

yes,  we need cloning ability and version control

MissTipsi
Contributeur de premier rang

Surprised this has only 30 upvotes. We are looking at switching over from Document 360 in order to have the tighter integration with the CRM and use chatbots but some important stuff missing.

Definitely need:

i) ability to clone
ii) version control
iii) collaborative editing via comments/notes to colleagues.
iv) Table of Contents (Hubspots own knowledge base has a small ToC in top right of longer articles - anchors not a solution)

amanda_smith
Participant

I agree with all of @MissTipsi's comments. The collaborative editing would definitely be a bonus. Is there an ETA for when this project will be completed? We also need to look at other solutions in the meantime.

MissTipsi
Contributeur de premier rang

Be good to get an update from @goconnor Seems unlikely it has been in planning for over 15months, hopefully it hasn't been binned but not expecting anything any time soon given the lack of updates.

Ben7
Contributeur

This seems a massive oversight from HubSpot. Even Microsoft Word (and just about any software) has an 'undo' function.

So because I clicked the backspace one too many times, I have now lost a detailed table full of data. Crazy.

When is this going to be rectified please?

Statut mis à jour : Not Currently Planned
Snaedis
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi everyone,

I'm updating this idea to "Not currently planned" because plans for this feature are paused right now and I don't know when work will continue. The rest of the team and I would love to bring version history to knowledge articles, and I believe we will, but I want to be transparent about the status of this project. We have some other projects that are taking up all our engineering resources for the foreseeable future, and it's too soon to say when we'll be able to work on version history. In any case, we'll be sure to update this thread when the time comes. 

Thank you all for your patience,

Snaedis 

devclive
Membre

Any update on this? Woud love to see revisions

brhellman
Membre

Seems like a pretty standard and basic feature... kind of like in-line replying to emails.  Not sure why this is so hard to make these basic functions a priority.

ANichols0
Membre

We also REALLY require version control for articles. Agree that this should be a standard feature, and have lost hours of productivity because it doesn't exist. Such a big requirement now that we have more than one editor for the KB, we are looking at migrating off HubSpot. Please escalate!

FPalmgren
Participant

Please make the version history a priority for artciles:)

GenoFAB
Participant

I agree with all the points made above. We are just getting started with the kb and quickly running into limitations that make us question the usability of the product. It also feels that this product has been put together on the cheap to test the market but the design seems so inconsistent with the rest of the HS suite that it makes us wonder if the company is actually standing by it. This leads us to question the use of the service hub as a support platform. 

Today it seems that making another blog would be a better platform to write kb articles than the half-baked kb solution. 

tom569039875678
Participant

The lack of revision history is a disaster. Combined with the glitchy table and formatting tools, one small mistake and the article is totally trashed irreversibly.

scottflanigan
Participant | Partenaire solutions Gold

New Service Hub improvements are awesome but this would make it even better. Here's my 2c.

Agreed—revision history is a must. I'll be looking forward to seeing THAT and some of the additional improvements from the DND editor (undo/redo especially) built into the KB functionality.

Version Control (display version # /updated date on KB article by default) & A Simple Approval Workflow would also be HUGE WINs to helping Service Hub get adopted by organizations that have strict document control requirements but get slowed down / stuck in multiple tools, approval systems, and storing source/version documents in sharepoints, shared drives, legacy doc control software, etc.

GLedesma
Membre

Totally in agreement with this request. Specially useful for updating articles with many language variations: no need to updated all variations at once, but translators could come later on to check the updated or added parts/sentences and add them to the variations.

LSchmidt1
Membre

Upvote!

Definitely need:

i) ability to clone
ii) version control
iii) collaborative editing via comments/notes to colleagues.
iv) Table of Contents (Hubspots own knowledge base has a small ToC in top right of longer articles - anchors not a solution)

MCuthrell
Membre

This is a must! One of our KBs got the content deleted on accident and with no undo button or way to access version history I have completely lost that KB article and will have to re-do.

sarahdecarlo
Participant

Hi everyone, please also upvote this Idea to help bring this to HubSpot's attention: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-Collaborative-Editing-Comments-on-Knowledge-Bas... 

DeborahC
Membre

Any update about version history? I don't understand why it isn't a standard feature...

MGan
HubSpot Employee

Commenting on behalf of a customer! This is a much needed feature. This is already possible for website pages, landing pages, blogs and emails and it should be the same for knowledge base articles!