HubSpot Ideas

mpeng

Review system for contacts and companies

We are building a managed marketplace for residential rental properties. We are working with potential tenants, landlords, and co-brokers. All of them are not really professional and I would like to track our interactions with them using a review system in order for my team to focus on the best tenants, landlords, and co-brokers. Thus, I would like to review each interaction (positive or negative) with text, screenshots for proof, and a rating system. Do you have any such solution in place or can recommend one? 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@mpeng Everything you need to create such a review system is already available in Marketing Hub using Contacts properties and Notes. You could, for example, create a custom property called Contact Type and create options such as Tenant, Landlord, Broker, etc.). By creating a custom Rating property, you can capture ratings (ie 1,2,3,4,5 or Excellent, Good, Average, Fair, Poor).  Screenshots can be inserted into Notes along with comments, which will be stored in the Contact timeline. 

mpeng

Hi @johnelmer , thank you for your fast and great suggestion. This works well to record the ratings. I was trying to build another customer field named "average rating" to average the ratings that I have given to a contact. However, it doesn't allow me to chose contact as record type. Any idea how to solve that? Thank you

johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@mpeng Do you mean you are trying to create a custom Contact property?  Select Contact properties for your filter as shown in the screen shot below:

johnelmer_0-1610576197998.png

mpeng

Hi @johnelmer , yes I'm creating both custom fields in contact property as you show above. The first custom field of "Rating 2" works perfectly. See Step 1 below. I would like to create a second custom field that averages the "Rating 2" field and name it "Average Rating". I chose the field type "calculated". On the next steps, I would need to choose the associated record. But I cannot chose record type "contact". Do you have any solution for that? Thank you for your kind help!

Step 1:

Step 1 - Contact customer field Rating 2.png

Step 2:

Step 2 - Contact custom field (Averate Rating) Field type (calculated).png

Step 3: 

Step 3 - Contact custom field (Averate Rating) Chose associated record.png