HubSpot Ideas

Dan_Alyka

Reverse timeline/Skip to bottom

Idea has also been presented here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Scroll-directly-to-bottom-start-of-contact-activity/i...

But also, a reverse timeline would be another option wherby the first activity is seen first, and this can be selected in the filter options.

Without this, we need to scroll through heaps of emails and activities, and sometimes there are double ups in replies as well causing confusion (and more scrolling!)

19件のコメント
Djones
参加者

Great idea @Dan_Alyka 

Hey Hubspot, help everyone out and make it happen! 

Dan_Alyka
参加者 | Diamond Partner

And an example of where this is currently being used:

HubspotCommunityScreenshot.png

Anonymous
適用対象外

The team is currently looking in to the best way to solve this. We would be curious to hear more about the use case. It seems there could be a few reasons for jumping to the bottom of the timeline: seeing the initial creation event, viewing the first user-logged activity, seeing the contact's first interaction with your website, reading through the timeline in chronological order without having to scroll all the way to the bottom, etc.

What is the primiary focus for your team? Feel free to send me a direct message if you would like to discuss this on a quick Zoom call as well!

ashley_stafford
参加者

@Anonymous Is there an update to this?

Our team is heavily involved in the Service Hub and having to scroll up through an entire email thread just to get to a "Got it - thank you!" email from a client is a big pain point. 

Anonymous
適用対象外

Hi @ashley_stafford,

While we face some techincal limitations on flipping the order of the timeline at this moment, my team is working on adding filtering by date or date ranges to more easily find activities. I would be happy to get you on our Beta list if you want to send me a DM with your contact info. We could also set up some time for a screenshare to walk through the specific pain points your team is experiencing if that would be helpful!

Anonymous
適用対象外

Moving this back to Not Currently Planned as there are some techincal limitations preventing us from reversing the timeline at the moment.

406Alley
参加者

Yes! Would love to see this as well. For example, I was recently looking at a constiuent whom we have been doing business with since March of 2019. There has been a LOT of activity between then and now - particularly emails back and forth. I was trying to go back to the beginning of our relationship to see how she came to us, what events she particopated in early on, etc. I was SCROLLING AND SCROLLING and not able to get there in a reasonable amount of time. I figured out a filter that made it easier, but it would be nice to be able to sort by reversing the time. 

CNolan4
メンバー

@Anonymous has there been any update on this?

It probably took my 30 minutes to scroll to the bottom of a company page recently.

Anonymous
適用対象外

Hi @CNolan4! No update on this one at the moment. When you scroll to the bottom, is your goal to see what happened at the very beginning (and if so what information is useful to you) or are you trying to read through all events from start to finish?

CNolan4
メンバー
Hi there,

I want to see the conversations from the very beginning so I can see how
they booked the initial meetings with the prospect
callie
投稿者

Yes, big big need!!! We need to be able to easily start a view of the object journey from the beginning. Most importantly, what triggered creation of that object. @Anonymous 

Anonymous
適用対象外

Thank you both! Re: seeing creation, does your team leverage the Original Source properties to see what triggered creation or is the additional context on the timeline usually needed as well?

callie
投稿者

@Anonymous additional context on the timeline is almost always needed as well when we need to dig into the data. Original Source properties are super helpful but do not provide the full context of the contact's journey in those first few minutes. 

ashley_stafford
参加者

@Anonymous agreed. I am looking to review conversations & timelines, not object properties. I request my team review the client communication from the beginning as part of client onboarding, so it's just time-consuming having to scroll to the beginning every time. 

Dan_Alyka
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Yep, jumping back in also - original source and context around that time. 

As a diamond partner, we also demo our portal to people and it's very "jumpy" when scrolling to the bottom. It'll then load more and I need to keep scrolling. This makes for the demo not being as smooth as it could be.

Anonymous
適用対象外

Thank you for that context! This is good for us to think about. What specific activities tell the story you are looking for around a record's creation (emails, forms, page views, etc.)?

As for the scrolling jumpiness, we have some engineers doing some exploration work there now!

callie
投稿者

Definitely agree with @Dan_Alyka's comment on jumpiness - we see the same (scroll a couple times, wait, and repeat). 

@Anonymous honestly, it is all activities on the record timeline that we need for the story. If we ever want to dive into something specific, we filter out those activities. But when we are scrolling back to sleuth, we need it all. 

MHesler
参加者

I would love this feature to use to see first / initial email communications. Often times Original source = email integration and so I have to read the first few sales emails to understand how they found us to set source information correctly. I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and it takes forever.

KatePidgeon
投稿者

Upvoting this - we waste so much time scrolling.. waiting for next batch of activities to load... scrolling more... just to see the start of someone's interaction with us. Agree with the other posters that we want to see everything around the context of someone's initial communication, so forms/page views, email communications with our sales team, meeting notes etc. A 'display by oldest first' button would save so much time.