HubSpot Ideas

thomasvbe

Resubscribe to subscription type via form submit

A contact can't resubscribe himself to a subscription type when he submits a form.

As a test, I unsubscribed from a subscription type "ebooks" via the subscription preferences page, configured in my settings and displayed in my email at the bottom. I was still subscribed to other subscription types.

After that, I created a form where I put a checkbox to subscribe to "ebooks". To my surprise, people who submit the form, aren't resubscribed to the subscription type again, even if they select the checkbox which states that they want to be (re)subscribed.

What's the difference between the subscription preferences page, and submitting a form with checkboxes where they can opt-in (again) to the subscription types selected?

For us, this is a real show-stopper. We want to use the GDPR functionality, but it still needs to have some tweaking. We want to exclude the path where people unsubscribe via the subscription preferences page, request an ebook, and don't receive the email because they cannot resubscribe via a form submit, which includes the confirmation/checkbox of that subscription type.

1 Reply
ABeney
Participant

Completely agree with the above. It seems mad that if they have unsubscribed previously, submitting a form updating their consent does not update their subscription preferences but would need to be manually done. We set subscription opt in via a workflow when our newsletter form is filled in and again, we are unable to opt someone in if they have previously unsubscribed, even though by submitting the form they are giving consent to receive these communications.