HubSpot Ideas

AleM

Restricting Quotes

Hey there,

Upon setting up user permissions for our team, I realized we cannot restrict access to quotes. For an organization that uses external means of invoicing, this can come with a downfall. It would be useful to restrict access to using the quotes service. 

17 Replies
dflynt
Participant

We have our Sales Reps create Deals and our Customer Service team create Quotes.  It would be nice to have the ability to disable the ability for Sales to create quotes via security.

AdSimon
Participant

Needed! Our sales reps shouldn't have the ability to adjust pricing but should be able to send quotes.

Our pricing is set for each customer group.

Viddy
HubSpot Employee

hi team, posting on behalf of my customer. 

They are hoping to be able to prevent their users from editing line items in a quote. Currently, we can limit a user's permission to prevent them from creating a new line item on the quote level but we can't restrict them from editing the line item that is already associated with the deal.

Adding the ability to toggle on/off permissions for this will be super helpful for users as it helps to prevent any errors that may arise from users accidentlly editing the line item when sending the quote out. 

mfoldager

We use workflows and automation to set the line items for deals and carry them over to quotes without our reps having to modify them. We would like to be able to lock down the line items, so they are not able to modify them at all themselves.

mzebib68
Top Contributor

@mfoldager did you get any answer or workaround on this? we are facing the same issue regarding the unit price edition

mzebib68
Top Contributor

@Viddy , did you get any answer or workaround on this? we are facing the same issue regarding the unit price edition

CArquette

Is there a solution for this? We want to allow access to the deal but restrict who can create/edit quotes.

BMilaszkiewicz
Contributor

We need HubSpot to implement this please!! We have users creating quotes incorrectly which we have no way of managing and it's causing chaos within the sales community, not to mention the additional work having to requote, honour incorrect pricing...etc...

CArquette

I have a custom permissions set that allows users to view deals but unable to add/modify quotes. It isn't explicitly called out in the setting but would be nice if it was.

BMilaszkiewicz
Contributor

@CArquette could you share how you set this up? I have tried and failed so far!

CArquette

If I'm not mistaken, the below takes the ability away to quote. If you are a super admin, give the below a try and login as one of the users to confirm.

CArquette_0-1696601803225.png

danielk78

Is there a solution for this?
We really need to have a way to give users access to the deals but restrict who can create/edit quotes.

danielk78

What will work, just as an idea here is to have a way to restrict access to Prices, to enable this

danielk78_0-1700677566626.png

CArquette

If they turn that on, it would be great. For now, I have restricted users from being able to edit the deal and then they cannot quote.

GSchlegel
Participant

Actually this behaviour allows sales reps to circumvent the "not allowed to create line items" setting by just overwriting an existing line item. That is pretty bad, because telling your customer "my sales rep put something on the quote we do not even sell / produce / have in stock" is something you do not want te tell your customer. 

SPasinechki

Similar case here. We want a specific team to create quotes, but not be able to send them out.

Jeroen18
Participant

Huspot has released (Q4 23) functionality to archive/delete signed quotes and quotes pending signature.

Everybody can archive signed quotes and delete quotes pending signature, without a possibility to undo this, and without even leaving a trace...

Permissions to edit (delete / archive) quotes is no longer a "could have" or "should have", but a MUST HAVE.