HubSpot Ideas

CRiley

Restrict users from viewing certain properties

Would like to see the ability to restrict users from viewing properties, in a similar way that you can restrict the edit access of properties to specific users and teams.

This would give more flexibility to custom fields, and hide team specific information from teams where that information would not be relevant.

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
March 21, 2022 11:57 AM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea. My name is Shay, and I’m the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Properties. 

I'm happy to announce that this feature is now In Beta!!!

This feature is exclusive to Sales Hub Enterprise, Marketing Hub Enterprise, Service Hub Enterprise, CMS Hub Enterprise & Operations Hub Enterprise.

To learn more, check out this KB Doc: Restrict View Access For Properties

If you are an Enterprise customer and you'd like to participate in this beta, reach out to your point of contact at HubSpot and let them know that you would like access to the Restrict View Access For Properties which they can sign you up for through our internal Customer Success tool. 

We’ll be sure to update you here and on our Product Updates blog as soon as this feature is Delivered.

Shay

51 Replies
SMeyerSuarez
Contributor | Platinum Partner

It would also be great if you can restrict certain users to view some attachments (CVs etc.). 

Jean-C

Hello,

This feature of allowing certain users access to certain contact properties seemed like a basic feature to me, I was very surprised at its absence, in summary:

1. Users must be able to access a list of leads (“basket” or “Cart”) with limited information (not have access to the contact's email and phone etc.),

2. Users assign themselves up to 5 contacts per day from this list.

The proposed solutions do not work (create a list, then a team, then create a sidebar etc...)

So of course I vote in favor of this feature!

Thanks,

Best regards,

Jean-Christophe

Bonjour,

Cette fonctionnalité consistant à autoriser l’accès de certains utilisateurs à certaines propriétés de contacts me semblait une fonctionnalité de base, j’ai été très surpris de son absence, en synthèse :

1. Les utilisateurs doivent pouvoir avoir accès à une liste de leads (panier) avec un nombre d'informations limitées (ne pas avoir accès à l'email et au tél. du contact etc.),

2. Les utilisateurs s'attribuent 5 contacts par jour maximum à partir de cette liste.

Les solutions proposées ne fonctionnent pas (créer une liste, puis une équipe, puis créer une barre latérale etc...).

Je vote donc bien sûr en faveur de cette fonctionnalité !

Merci,

Bien cordialement,

Jean-Christophe

JKrantz
Contributor

how do i get in this beta?

Jean-C
jgillan

Adding privacy options to the product library / line item properties would be extremely helpful and essential for our business needs. 

LButterfield
Participant

@jgillan  I completely agree - restriction of property values is NEEDED on products as well and is essential to the business. If I can restrict views on the cost property then I would be able to use that information to run margin reports but do not want this readily available to all Hubspot users in the business (currently the only option) so it means that we can't house this data in Hubspot at the moment and is a HUGE part of product library management. I also think this would be useful as we quote in multiple languages to restrict some of the translation field views to the teams that use those, and restrict the rental fields to the rental team etc - it could potentially mean much cleaner views for a lot of users.

AMordecai

We need permissions to be supported for product properties!

My team needs to be able to lock down a custom Product property we created (a dropdown for Unit) so when our sales team adds line items they don't change the unit. We have line items that start with the same name but are different based on how they are charged (unit) so it would be very helpful to be able to lock this down to avoid line item mix-ups. 

TH1
Participant

@shajones 

Thanks for the prior update, we are making use of this feature but were also hoping that if a property is not viewable by a certain user or team, the property's existence would be hidden, not just the property value. i.e. users would have no way to know of the property existing, rather than knowing it exists but that they cannot see the value.

Currently there are properties that are irrelevant to our users which we would like to not even appear in "view all properties" pane as they only clutter the list from a user's perspective. 

This also prompts a lot of questions to us as CRM admins with users asking why they cannot see the value of certain properties and asking for access. 

Thanks!

LButterfield
Participant

I agree with the comment above - I also get lots of questions around "I can't see what's in such and such property" and I am about to enroll the entire business in the new dashboard beta filters - there are a load of properties that contain historic data we imported which will get very confusing for the users, if restricting those to superadmins only removed them from everyone's view it would be great 😀

MrBean
Top Contributor

Can we hide it altogether for their view? not just the value? 

mshani

The feature request is to implement the capability to limit users' access to view specific properties, similar to the existing functionality that allows restricting edit access to properties for certain users and teams.

Enabling this feature would provide enhanced flexibility when it comes to custom fields. It would also serve the purpose of concealing information that is specific to particular teams, ensuring that such data remains hidden from teams where it is not pertinent or relevant. This added level of control over property visibility would enhance the overall user experience and data security within the system.