HubSpot Ideas

HGilpin

Restrict ticket ownership by pipeline to a team or users

Hello!

This is for the Service hub.

Currently you can restrict inbox ownership to team(s) or user(s).  However, ticket ownership within a pipeline is wide open.  When the service reps click the drop down to assign an owner, they see every person with access to HubSpot: sales, marketing, etc.  We would like to restrict the selection of ticket ownership by pipeline similarly to how you can restrict inbox ownership.  That way the service reps only see the list of relevant people and don't acidentially assign to a person in a different department.  

Thank you!  Please vote up if you agree!!!

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
November 28, 2023 05:01 AM

10 Replies
kathyg

This is exactly what I have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to restrict the drop-down list for ticket assignment selection.

vliebl

I also think a ticket ownership restriction for each pipeline would be very helpful. The workaround that we are currently using to check if there are any tickets in the pipeline that might have the wrong ticket owner is a view that shows all the tickets that have an open status and are assigned to a ticket owner outside of our service team. 

rraven
Participant

This is vital for larger teams. Any workflows that can be used for this become unsustainable after a certain size, and since you view tickets by pipeline, mis-assigned tickets can create significant customer service issues.

MLN

This is what I have been looking for!

IWhite
Participant

1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣%

jdemello
HubSpot Product Team

BethHWB
Participant

Hi @jdemello can you let us know approximate launch timeframe for this? Its a pretty integral feature.

Another good add on would be being able to create workflows based on the ticket owner's main team.

ELC

@HGilpin thanks for asking this question ! been trying to work this out on my own but I it doesn't look doable. Im having to type to search names amongst dozens of contacts.

Also agree with @BethHWB,

Just commenting so I can be notified once we have an update on this feature 🙂

Leadstreet-M
Participant | Diamond Partner

Thrilled to see this is in planning!

Would be a great feature.

Happy to join an early beta if you are looking for testers. 😇

MBlazejczyk

Yes, this is a must-have in a system like HubSpot where we have technical support and developers on the Service side, and Sales, Marketing & upper management on the Sales / Marketing side...