HubSpot Ideas

bencefarkas

Restrict moving deals between stages

Goal: 
HubSpot users should be able to be restricted when moving deals between stages. Let's say you have a Sales Pipeline with stages like "Qualified Prospect", "1st Meeting", "2nd Meeting", "Proposal Given". You shouldn't be able to move a deal from Qualified prospect to 2nd meeting as there must have been a 1st meeting between.

Why is this good?
As HubSpot's deal funnel analytics works the same way it would be more accurate and this way sales people would be incentivized to update their own deals more frequently. JIRA has a similar option although it's for a different purpose, it would fit how HubSpot's pipelines work.

How to create this option? 
Admin users will want every kind of restrictions, not just the one where you can only put a deal to the next or previous deal stage. As a user experience on where to add this to HubSpot I would suggest adding this option to the Deal Settings page (where you are able to edit deals and create automation for them).

I would change the "Delete" button to "Actions" and add this functionality as a possible action to choose which deal stage the deal can move to from its current deal stage.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
February 02, 2024 05:10 PM

Hi everyone, we've been rolling out the Deal Pipeline Rules feature and by Monday, February 5th, all HubSpot accounts on Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise will have access. Here's the Knowledge Base article with more details.  

Our team is working to develop further enhancements to this feature. We look forward to making the next iteration available to you later this year. Cheers! 

November 28, 2023 07:58 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for joining our beta!

Just a reminder that the pipeline rules do not apply to super admins. If you're enabling a rule and trying to test it, you'll have to test it as a non admin user. Or if you're on an Enterprise plan, you can log in as another user to test it. 

@Hildegaard, the create new deal form does grey out the other stages if you've enabled the deal creation rule. You can see that as a non super admin user. 

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 10.57.33 AM.png

In Beta
November 27, 2023 01:10 PM

👋 Hi fellow community members,

I'm happy to share that this feature is now available in public beta. Click here to join!

Once you've had a chance to use the feature, please share your thoughts through the in-app survey. I will be reviewing all your feedback, to help prioritize future enhancements.

Cheers,
Jeannie

November 21, 2023 10:26 AM

@adriemilia Thanks for sharing this use case. I've noted it for later, when we're ready to tackle this for Tickets. Cheers!

November 20, 2023 02:07 PM

Hi @adriemilia, we've started with Deals and will look to extend to other object types (including Tickets) in future iterations. Can you tell me more about the problems you face with the ticket pipeline? My sense is that Tickets would have slightly different requirements than Deals, and it would be helpful to hear your use case. Thanks!

In Beta
November 14, 2023 11:21 AM

Hi fellow community members!

Our private beta is closed and currently in-progress. I'll post again with an update once we are ready to move to public beta.

Thank you for your interest in testing this feature.

Cheers,
Jeannie

In Planning
October 03, 2023 01:36 PM

👋 Hello community members!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and support for this idea. I'm happy to share that we're working on a solution for this.

We're looking to run a small early access group in the coming weeks. Space is limited, so please join our waitlist via this form if you're interested in getting early access. Note: Only available to super admin users and for customers on a Professional or Enterprise plan.

I look forward to sharing more updates in the coming weeks!

May 18, 2023 05:47 AM

Hello HubSpot community members!

My name is Vaishnavi and I'm a Product Designer at HubSpot. Nice to meet you😄.

Thank you for your feedback. We’re in the process of exploring this idea. To help us better understand your pipeline management needs, could you please take this short survey ? Thank you!

88 Replies
TErickson_OW
Participant

Would be excellent to be able to restrict Sales from being able to move Contracts to the final stages of a Deal. Our Contract Team should be the only Team that can do that. 

GV1

+1

HDamásio
Participant

+1

GPetrov

+1

csilbaugh1

+1

ElBr
Participant

+ 100 votes

Nick_Tsarik

+1000 votes

CarrascoE

+∞

Welbywelb
Participant

+1

rkonsolos

+100!

PUndurraga

Hello! Adding my comment here, it seems that this is a feature requested from many users and is in the backlog since 2020, hubspot product team, it might me the time to prioritize this 😉

Thanks!

EP35

+100!

TJelsma
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yea please, +1!

goodjuj

UHM YES PLEASE. Currently trying to work this through custom properties and workflows. Let's make this come alive as a Hubspot feature! 

Yaro
Member | Platinum Partner

Okay seems I have found a solution here:

1) For each stage of the pipeline you should create a property w. the name of this stage w. Yes or blank options

2) Hide these properties from all Sales team

3) Set these properties as required per each stage: for stage 1 - Property "stage 1", for Stage 2 - Properties "Stage 1"and "Stage 2"

4) Set up worflow w. trigger if deal enters stage 1 to fill the property of next stage "Stage 2" to YES  

So in this case a system will open up ability to move deal into the next stage only.  

ooh)

JReginato
Contributor

This would be so helpful. Currently I am trying to calculate conversion rates for deals and would love for the system to do it (as there is already reports for it)

However I need the to go through each stage for it to happen and obviously my sales reps don't always follow those rules. 

Contributor

Is there any workaround for this? We want to restrict the skipping deal stages for Sales.  We realised that if we cannot do that  funnel chart does not make sense!

VSureshKumar
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot community members!

My name is Vaishnavi and I'm a Product Designer at HubSpot. Nice to meet you😄.

Thank you for your feedback. We’re in the process of exploring this idea. To help us better understand your pipeline management needs, could you please take this short survey ? Thank you!

JMcArthur

Jumping on the band-wagon a bit late, but I also support this. 

Right now, the only way to ensure stages are followed is through a bunch of fields and some workflows. Leads to a poor experience for reps, but it's necessary if we want that conversion report to work.

SGPT-4
Participant

This would be awesome. Hope you can release this feature before the end of next quarter @VSureshKumar